Hey guys..... check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperD

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/armynews/photoPoll.asp

Do make a vote if you like any of the shots there!

**PS: not pulling votes but just to make an awareness that more and more of these kind of photographic opportunities are sprouting, even in the army so we should continue to boost the local photography scene!

Cheerz!! :D

Can't say.. not fair to the rest of the entries if I were to tell you my shot is which one.... ;)

Vote based on what you like... that will be fair to all!

On behalf of the entries, thanks for voting!!

As I was sharing with Wolfie, I'm more encouraged by the fact that even Army is encouraging art (ie: photography) amongst the regime... :thumbsup:

I just voted too! Shan't say which one I picked but I think it's quite obvious.:D

I cannot vote, but nevertheless, I'll give my support to the one in B&W...
:thumbsup:

spoil sport alert! :thumbsd:

I registered but did not vote. while I cannot fault the techniques, especially Tug of War is good, but given it is an armed forces photography contest, all the pictures were taken in camp, doing "quite" mundane things, worst ones are those of the big wigs visiting YAWN.

Show me some grit and sweat, tensed up muscles, squinting eyes, that's the armed forces for you.

Tug of War came close, but not quite near enough. :devil:

I've seen lots of great SAF photographs, wish they'd put it up as wallpapers.:(

Originally posted by hwchoy
spoil sport alert! :thumbsd:

I registered but did not vote. while I cannot fault the techniques, especially Tug of War is good, but given it is an armed forces photography contest, all the pictures were taken in camp, doing "quite" mundane things, worst ones are those of the big wigs visiting YAWN.

Show me some grit and sweat, tensed up muscles, squinting eyes, that's the armed forces for you.

Tug of War came close, but not quite near enough. :devil:

I've seen lots of great SAF photographs, wish they'd put it up as wallpapers.:(

Thanks for your very honest response. I have to agree with you sadly that camp stuff can be quite mundane (although in view of the step up security after the 911, camera's really a contraband.)

Yes, this time round, the competition is still a ginger step to encourage more photographers to participate in these kind of contest and to up their level in skills.

NDP is a good ground for such shots you mentioned: grit, sweat, muscles and all...

GUess the photographs were choosen by the editor himself so I would say that his choice wasn't reallt the best but what I want to say was the spirit in promoting such contest in the army or SAF wise.

Wait... isn't that... your shot? :what:

Just enough to buy a 256MB CF :think: Or buy everyone at SEED a drink? :think:

hoei?
when got such things one?
Anyway, congrats! :)

Next time got such events, let me know as well, so can I can take a stab at it (with my uber lousy shots, that is... :embrass:

heye guys... thanks!!

drinks time at SEED... heh heh heh..... :)

SNAG - ha! now you will keep your eyes peeled for something like this ehh.. I will be writing up to Army News to comment on the welcome of such competitions.. will help promote local photographers serving their NS now to be able to pick up their cameras and shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.