Hey D70 for under $1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipapa

Aug 29, 2004
Tampines
photobucket.com
Hi ppl,
actually i just have smting stupid to post. Meaning i have smthing to share.

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg/auction/88243882?aucview=0x23

i can't believe D70 selling for under 1000 or US$450. Maybe experts will want their very own camera. But for newbies... sometimes, i don't see why not.
enjoy. Only have about 5 hrs left.

argh~ :angry: wrong time for this thing to come sia!! i haven got my pay yet!! look like i gonna miss this offer~ :cry:

beware of con man/woman from spain or watever.... they r alot of such cases..... they ask u to send them cash first or use some ulu ulu online transaction system.... its up to u to take the risk.... either waste 1k or earn 700.....

Frankly speaking, why would a person in US post a sales thread in Yahoo Singapore website and sell under $1000. :dunno:
Why can't he just sell in US? Isn't the US market big enough?

There is a risk involve if you know what I mean.

haha..yah loh..sometime too good to be true oso...made me high for nothing.. :bsmilie:

King Tiger said:
Frankly speaking, why would a person in US post a sales thread in Yahoo Singapore website and sell under $1000. :dunno:
Why can't he just sell in US? Isn't the US market big enough?

There is a risk involve if you know what I mean.

i think tis guy is in sg . . . but dealin in usd

ive already seen many cheap d70 offers floating around in yahoo auctions from time to time....

if its dat cheap.. they wud have already sold it in US markets... less hassle for them too.

just emailed the guy. see how... if he in s'pore n willing to sell it later maybe some of u guys can get it ya?

hmm kinda regretted emailing him.... sigh... but anyway it was an interesting find.
haha... *bleag* good night guys.. i sleeping liao

slightly over $1.8K all-in for D70 kit with 256mb CF, cheap ?

Guys
Be careful when you see auctions like this.

A friend of mine jumped on a similar D70 deal like this on Yahoo Auctions Singapore. He won the auction thinking that the seller is in Singapore and when he was ready to execute the transaction, the guy says he's on vacation in Croatia and asks the buyer to wire transfer the money or use Western Union. Yah right!

This is a No No. Never transfer any money to a foreign seller. USe PayPal or credit cards which give you buyer protection up to a limit!

It's a Yahoo Singapore auction, our expectations are that it should be a local transaction. That makes it very suspicious when money transfer is used.

I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 5 years and I've seen enough of this crap. So trade only with reputable sellers, otherwise, caveat emptor!

nipapa said:
Hi ppl,
actually i just have smting stupid to post. Meaning i have smthing to share.

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg/auction/88243882?aucview=0x23

i can't believe D70 selling for under 1000 or US$450. Maybe experts will want their very own camera. But for newbies... sometimes, i don't see why not.
enjoy. Only have about 5 hrs left.

selling at 1k? is this for real? 1k is still money, i will only buy it if i can see him face to face

i think better be careful... also, if cannot see the camera first, how to know the condition... especially must see anything wrong with lens....

i wouldn't buy it lo..... unless he is in singapore and can meet up one... also if you secure the bid, you are bound by the laws and rules of yahoo aution.... very troublesome if you win bid and end up not buying ause the condition is not what you can accept....

i rather wait for sitex or buy with the MO here at clubsnap....

just my $0.02 ....

Visit Sitex Show.. lots if freebies if purchase 300D, 20D and D70....

Anyway all the price stated are just starting bid (can even be a $1 starting bid to generate more bidders) w/o selling price...so it doesnt indicate that the seller will sell at the price won and they can repost the items again..

but of course sometimes things just can't be too good to be true...morever now a D70 brand new local kit is just selling at $1.6+-!!! :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.