Hey Clubsnap, Newbie here (: Some pictures I took with my Casio compact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmiccobalt

Jan 30, 2010
Tampines
I really want to upgrade to a DSLR and i'm saving up albeit slowly! Not sure which DSLR to get too actually. I'm also trying learn all the camera related jargon! haha still very confused about shutter speeds and ISO and F2.8-F4.0?? ): Can someone refer a thread? heehee thanks!

Pls do feel free to critisize and comment on my photos! I know they're not very good so pls advise me on how i can improve, thanks :)

All the pictures were taken with Casio EX-Z850.

4316379808_c0f3be82d7.jpg

4315630589_c2065c891a.jpg

4315631661_1d2341021e.jpg

4315632967_46db25e78a.jpg

4315635507_5dfc996624.jpg

More in next post!

Hi,

There's a Photo Galleries section to put up your pics there. Unless you have a specific question in regards to the shooting technique, pls post your pics there the next time.

Thankx :)

PS: Good job on your PnS. If you think your Casio is doing you justice, stick with it. Using a dSLR is about investing time to learn proper techniques of EXPOSURE, not just turn lens, adjust few buttons, and then snap. Hope you not cheesed off but I find ppl buying dSLR with intention of taking OUTSTANDING pics without knowing the basics.

Cheers :)

PS No 2: COmments are my own and solely my own. If taken to court, I'd deny everything!!! :devil:

Hi,

There's a Photo Galleries section to put up your pics there. Unless you have a specific question in regards to the shooting technique, pls post your pics there the next time.

Thankx :)

PS: Good job on your PnS. If you think your Casio is doing you justice, stick with it. Using a dSLR is about investing time to learn proper techniques of EXPOSURE, not just turn lens, adjust few buttons, and then snap. Hope you not cheesed off but I find ppl buying dSLR with intention of taking OUTSTANDING pics without knowing the basics.

Cheers :)

PS No 2: COmments are my own and solely my own. If taken to court, I'd deny everything!!! :devil:

Thanks :) I was happy with my Casio but after seeing plenty of my friend's clearer pictures that arent as grainy as my pictures, i've been wanting to get a DSLR. Not a pro one la, maybe a simple one. I know i'll have to invest alot of time to get to know my DSLR even more, and i dont mind. I'm planning to join the Photog club once school starts hahaha. Thanks anyway!! :)

Hello...welcome.

You have very nice pictures. Shooting with a DSLR will not guarantee that you have better shots. Do know what is limiting you before looking at upgrades.

You may want to head down to a library to get some books on basic photography or read some info online to get to know what is shutter speed, aperture and ISO speed.

Your first few photos were nice. Good exploration and learning on colors, patterns, textures and lines.
Explore more on composition, you will improve further. :)

nice.. i like it..
your "newbie photos" are easily comparable with some that like to call themselves pro on here..
keep it up!

Thanks :) I was happy with my Casio but after seeing plenty of my friend's clearer pictures that arent as grainy as my pictures, i've been wanting to get a DSLR. Not a pro one la, maybe a simple one. I know i'll have to invest alot of time to get to know my DSLR even more, and i dont mind. I'm planning to join the Photog club once school starts hahaha. Thanks anyway!! :)

Good attitude! Don't give up. We keep learning new things everyday.

Cheers!

hi cosmiccobalt...
(gosh... another 'cheem' nickname)

Welcome to Clubsnap!
I think your photos show that you have quite an eye for finding good composition. You start off at an advantage compared to most newbies into DSLR ownership.
If you have done the sums and you think DSLR ownership is within your means, by all means go out and buy one. DSLRs are getting cheaper by the month. Not that long ago, it was almost unfathomable that a DSLR could cost less than $2K. I think the Sony A2xx series (with kit lens) is going for under $700! :)

But what some have said is true: Don't go out buying a DSLR, thinking that it's some kind of magic weapon to get you better shots.

wish you all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.