Hey any Sony A850 user here?

Me, not much people having it also, lol. Cause most will sell and upgrade to A99.

I wouldn't change till next FF (Hopes got 36mp, heh heh!) and time lapse included (no need so many 3rd party stuffs, haha!)

Maybe year 2015 then might be a chance, so, start saving now. :D

Hahaha I see~~ well I prefer using OVF that's why I get A850 instead of A99~~

I have one. It sits like an antique after I got my A99. Keeping it for momento sake

I see~~ mine A77 currently rotting in my dry box after I got the A850

I have one. It sits like an antique after I got my A99. Keeping it for momento sake

After I got the next ff, i also keeping the A850. Just like the Walkman which I got during 1992 at $450. Cassette deck not working but radio still does. Gold plated with some parts chip off but still, it's top of Walkman during that time.

Hahaha that's good~~ I actually wonder who still keep the A900~

The A850/A900, although outdated, still performs very well and should beat most APS-C DSLR/DSLTs in terms of handling and IQ. A99 is also respectable but I feel that its build quality is inferior to the A850/A900. Rather plastic-ky feel, especially the scroll-wheels.

I am using the A850 btw :)

Hahah that's good another fellow A850 user :) gotta agree with you the build quality is woah!

solid and heavy.

my fingers ache terribly after using it for one day

Hahaha agree agree but sadly not many of their lens is weather sealed

Hahaha agree agree but sadly not many of their lens is weather sealed

more than you might think. Many lenses are not officially weather sealed but in reality, are.

solid and heavy.

my fingers ache terribly after using it for one day

It's OK. You need to improve your hand endurance and strength.

We're still using our 2x 900 for our business here in OZ. Being in an environment where Canon mainly dominate in the Pro Market....i guess output usually speaks for itself. We just finish an 3 day event and with A900+Grip+58AM+70-200mm2.8*, hehehe...really like a stone. Lighter alt - minus grip + 135 1.8.....my fav setup - natural light. Last Friday, was approacjed by a Canon user and he simply cant believe his eyes on the accuracy of the metering with flash...straight out of cam. This is also one of the reason I stick to this setup* as it reduces the need to do much post process. Yes the A900 is an old bird...but definitely a st

more than you might think. Many lenses are not officially weather sealed but in reality, are.

SO far, I have used third party lenses like Tamron, Sigma and first party ones from Minolta, Konica-Minolta, Sony in light rain... no problems... the lenses don't leak... pretty much weather proof... I don't think most of us will use the camera in pouring rain...