Here's a chance to test out Orient Photo's Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

m00nman26

May 5, 2003
Singapore Pasir RIs
jameschia26.multiply.com
Went down to purchase a Sigma 150mm macro today... Tested there was ok, but went back to do further test, the aperture was stuck at the smallest aperture! Mount lens and look through viewfinder is totally dark...

Went down to ask for an exchange but they had no stock :( Would not entertain any refund, but the young man told me he would ship in a new lens through fed-ex and come down to Pasir Ris MRT to meet me and exchange the lens for me. Gave him my number and he said he'll meet me at Tues Night.

No doubt, can't really blame them for having no lens to xchange on the spot but now, lets see if he would really come down to exchange the lens with me at my convenience..

To be updated again... Stay tuned :p

Wa, that is really nice of him, to be honest. Kudos. Do let us know.

And cost the company extra in shipping? I doubt it. It could however be coincidental that new stock is arriving at around the same time.

Think they also need to replenish stock la.. but i just hope its as good as it sounds
not on tuesday then i need to call them then they say, sorry stock have not arrived or whatever excuse..

maybe can try to call them saying that u want to buy a new 150mm, and see if they say they got stock!?:think:

haha just as i expected..
called them today to check if their shipment is ordered and conveniently they said that their shanghai base just finished selling this lens and need to wait longer..
If by this thurs no stock, i will demand for a full refund or if not, make at complain to CASE.

Buyers BEWARE of this shop!

take all the comments in this forums with a BIG pinch of salt...

Search for my posts in this forum...when i was shopping for a 70-300VR. Bot it eventually at a shop which has branches in marina sq and peninsula. :thumbsup: for good price and good service!!!

take all the comments in this forums with a BIG pinch of salt...

Search for my posts in this forum...when i was shopping for a 70-300VR. Bot it eventually at a shop which has branches in marina sq and peninsula. :thumbsup: for good price and good service!!!

are you saying cathay photo?

bingo! i saw some recommendations about some shops in this forum...and decided to ask them for quotes. Two of these shops gave the highest quotes of 930 (1 of these 2 shops gave a quote of 930 for a grey set). eventually i e-quote the bingo! shop and got the lowest quote of S$840.

I have been patronising bingo! shop since 1996, and thought i could try out some of the other shops which were well recommended in the forums. I guess i shall continue to patronise bingo! shop.

No point showing us that you have the ability to compare and find the lowest price. It is of course the customer's job to do that before making purchases.

Since you think bingo! shop is so good, why still bother to compare prices? If selling some lenses cheaper than OP justifies bingo! shop, what about many other lenses that are cheaper at OP?

At the same time, neither did OP guarantee their price is the lowest in SG did they?

I bought 4k+ worth of equipments for myself and my friends from them and so far there's no problem at all. There's only one incident that a camera body cannot auto-focus and they replaced with a new one within one week of purchase.

I believe what the thread starter had mentioned are the very truth. But very possibly they are really running out of stock. I am not sure why they don't agree to refund though.

However I think there are some people outside there who are not so happy to see a 'outsider' shop selling lenses at a lower price comapre to some well established shops they started patronising since 1996. Grapes can get really sour sometimes.

I am not trying to say how superior is OP compare to other shops like bingo! shop. I, like any rational consumers, conduct market research before purchases. And I did bought equipments from other shops too, when their prices are more competitive.

I just hope CSers would make more objective comments which will not mislead people easily.

Went down to purchase a Sigma 150mm macro today... Tested there was ok, but went back to do further test, the aperture was stuck at the smallest aperture! Mount lens and look through viewfinder is totally dark...

Went down to ask for an exchange but they had no stock :( Would not entertain any refund, but the young man told me he would ship in a new lens through fed-ex and come down to Pasir Ris MRT to meet me and exchange the lens for me. Gave him my number and he said he'll meet me at Tues Night.

No doubt, can't really blame them for having no lens to xchange on the spot but now, lets see if he would really come down to exchange the lens with me at my convenience..

To be updated again... Stay tuned :p

That is rather bad service. Pay brand new price but cant even have the excitment of using it immediately. Might as well pay for a second piece really...

Actually if you think about it, not OP's fault, and if they eventually replace it's quite ok already what.

Freak accidents happen, not like no one denies that Sigma QC is horrible.

I bought an Artic Butterfly from CP and went home the motor not working properly, need to use hand spin a little then will go. I also can't be bothered to go to hassle to change so long as it works and I'm ok with it, though that's another point altogether. The point is that it happens everywhere, not very fair to single OP out.

seems like some people are pretty defensive when some shops are criticised? does their parents own the shops? or the shop owners saved their lives before? :bsmilie:

the amazing thing is that he said "No point showing us that you have the ability to compare and find the lowest price. It is of course the customer's job to do that before making purchases. Since you think bingo! shop is so good, why still bother to compare prices?" but then he said "I, like any rational consumers, conduct market research before purchases.". One moment say "why bother to compare prices".....then say he conducts market research before purchases.

I guess some people are not happy to see that "insider" shops are selling lenses at a lower price than some "not so well" established shops they started patronising recently. Grapes can get really sour sometimes.

seems like some people are pretty defensive when some shops are criticised? does their parents own the shops? or the shop owners saved their lives before? :bsmilie:

the amazing thing is that he said "No point showing us that you have the ability to compare and find the lowest price. It is of course the customer's job to do that before making purchases. Since you think bingo! shop is so good, why still bother to compare prices?" but then he said "I, like any rational consumers, conduct market research before purchases.". One moment say "why bother to compare prices".....then say he conducts market research before purchases.

I guess some people are not happy to see that "insider" shops are selling lenses at a lower price than some "not so well" established shops they started patronising recently. Grapes can get really sour sometimes.

You should learn how to differentiate being sarcastic and stating the fact.

You are the one who said you patronise certain shop just because you compared price of a single lens and it is cheaper at that shop, which is obviously not true for other lenses. So I would assume you prefer that shop simply because it is well established. In that case your point of one lens over there is cheaper than at other shops is not relavent at all.

I don't see why must you bring up people's parents, I choose not to argue back using your son as a example. Please, give others some respect.

Please also refer to my 2nd reply in this thread, I do not want to repeat myself.

You should learn how to differentiate being sarcastic and stating the fact.

You are the one who said you patronise certain shop just because you compared price of a single lens and it is cheaper at that shop, which is obviously not true for other lenses. So I would assume you prefer that shop simply because it is well established. In that case your point of one lens over there is cheaper than at other shops is not relavent at all.

I don't see why must you bring up people's parents, I choose not to argue back using your son as a example. Please, give others some respect.

Please also refer to my 2nd reply in this thread, I do not want to repeat myself.

Why bother... as if we can't tell...:dunno:

NEVER, EVER use other people's parents in an arguement. This sort of behaviour is unacceptable. CSer should be mature enough to make comments based on facts.

loudhailer, you have gain my unmost disrespect.:thumbsd:

Same goes for the other type of shops. Cathay uncles and aunties are your relatives? Alan Photo XDD your friends? etc etc etc?

Sour grapes or not, puh-leese, prices differ from shop to shop, a smart consumer will never stick to one shop because there is no free lunch, you can't stick to a shop for everything unless well, you have a lot of financial freedom and capability. I support OP only for the good attitude and pricing (for certain items) I got when I was there, so no need what sour grapes or not. Your logic is extremely flawed and full of loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.