Here's a chance to test out Orient Photo's Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo guys, trying to discuss the service aspect but not price :p
But then again the lens I had gotten is so far the cheapest of all the shops (around $170 cheaper than the next lowest price) and comes with int'l warranty...
But whats the use if the lens cant use :(

Still "patiently" awaiting the exchange...
Now they push back from Tues to Friday.... Come friday, i can feel a strong likelihood pushed back again to another date... I just have this strong feeling...

Still "patiently" awaiting the exchange...
Now they push back from Tues to Friday.... Come friday, i can feel a strong likelihood pushed back again to another date... I just have this strong feeling...

Actually, what's the issue so long as they get it replaced eventually?

You can't really blame them for the lens being faulty, if they wanted to be nasty they can literally tell you to go fly a kite, especially if they let you test on the spot and it was fine. Can easily claim that you spoilt it yourself afterward.

>>>You should learn how to differentiate being sarcastic and stating the fact.
???

>>>You are the one who said you patronise certain shop just because you compared price of a single lens and it is cheaper at that shop, which is obviously not true for other lenses. So I would assume you prefer that shop simply because it is well established. In that case your point of one lens over there is cheaper than at other shops is not relavent at all.

since when did i say that i patronise a shop "simply because it is well established"??? read my posts again.

>>>I don't see why must you bring up people's parents, I choose not to argue back using your son as a example. Please, give others some respect.

let the mods judge whether that was insulting. if it is...then kindly dereg my account. I will accept their decision without protest.

>>>Please also refer to my 2nd reply in this thread, I do not want to repeat myself.
kindly read my posts...where i advised forummers to take all recommendations with a big pinch of salt.

Same goes for the other type of shops. Cathay uncles and aunties are your relatives? Alan Photo XDD your friends? etc etc etc?

Sour grapes or not, puh-leese, prices differ from shop to shop, a smart consumer will never stick to one shop because there is no free lunch, you can't stick to a shop for everything unless well, you have a lot of financial freedom and capability. I support OP only for the good attitude and pricing (for certain items) I got when I was there, so no need what sour grapes or not. Your logic is extremely flawed and full of loopholes.

i'm not even willing to mention bingo!'s real shop name, so how can it be my relative's shop?

Actually, what's the issue so long as they get it replaced eventually?

You can't really blame them for the lens being faulty, if they wanted to be nasty they can literally tell you to go fly a kite, especially if they let you test on the spot and it was fine. Can easily claim that you spoilt it yourself afterward.

Well, first of all, they should offer a refund if they are unable to exchange it on the spot.
Moreover, they said one thing but fail to deliver (to exchange on tues), and simply push back
This is what I call poor service.
Sure, you can debate their prices are lower, but it does not hide the fact that service quality is poor.
In many of the more developed countries, there is a 40 days money back guarantee, even though there is no fault with the things you bought, so long as you return it in the same condition you purchased it.

I have no doubts that should I had patronised shops with better known service like J316, they would have offered a refund if they are unable to exchange it with me on the spot.

Well, first of all, they should offer a refund if they are unable to exchange it on the spot.
Moreover, they said one thing but fail to deliver (to exchange on tues), and simply push back
This is what I call poor service.
Sure, you can debate their prices are lower, but it does not hide the fact that service quality is poor.
In many of the more developed countries, there is a 40 days money back guarantee, even though there is no fault with the things you bought, so long as you return it in the same condition you purchased it.

I have no doubts that should I had patronised shops with better known service like J316, they would have offered a refund if they are unable to exchange it with me on the spot.

It -is- the fact that you could have monkeyed around with the lens after you got home.

By the way, the 40 days money back guarantee is valid, but I have friends overseas who tell me that the shops start blacklisting people who do it too often, once in a while is ok, and they have some funny list that they pass around. Do it too much and you will not be able to buy anything.

Certainly, fail to deliver on promise is not good, but I don't know, I think we are possibly expecting too much in terms of service due to limitations. Try that at CP and I think they'll just point out happily that there is a line on their receipt saying:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITEMS BEFORE YOU LEAVE SHOP. NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.

GG!

So thats why singapore service standards pales so much in comparison.
Monkey around with the lens? It is obviously a manufacturing defect. Why on earth would I want to spoil a lens that I juz bought? :dunno:

btw, in CP, within 7 days if there is a manufacturing defect they would exchange it with you. And the good thing is they most likely have the ready stock for most of the stuff. But of course price wise, cannot be compared.

So thats why singapore service standards pales so much in comparison.
Monkey around with the lens? It is obviously a manufacturing defect. Why on earth would I want to spoil a lens that I juz bought? :dunno:

btw, in CP, within 7 days if there is a manufacturing defect they would exchange it with you. And the good thing is they most likely have the ready stock for most of the stuff. But of course price wise, cannot be compared.
Got idiots in this world, so they get tarred over by the same brush like it or not.

A lot of people overseas abuse the 40 day money back thing. Use it up to 39th day or 29th day (if 30 day money back) and then just do something evil to it, then collect the money. Really retarded.

Yeah, obviously CP would want to avoid trouble, but if you think about it having the clause in their receipt -does- give them the right to reserve the right to do nothing about it. ;)

Actually, the receipt is not a legally binding document.
Moreover, so far, salesman in OP or CP had never pointed out to this no refund clause on their receipt. And in any manner, the receipt is only given after you pay the money, so its basically just to inform you that they dun entertain refund. This was never made clear. In such, if i wanted to take it out, I can sue under:
CONSUMER PROTECTION (FAIR TRADING) ACT 2003
Second Schedule:
Regulation 20:
20. Using small print to conceal a material fact from the consumer or to mislead a consumer as to a material fact, in connection with the supply of goods or services.

Actually, the receipt is not a legally binding document.
Moreover, so far, salesman in OP or CP had never pointed out to this no refund clause on their receipt. And in any manner, the receipt is only given after you pay the money, so its basically just to inform you that they dun entertain refund. This was never made clear. In such, if i wanted to take it out, I can sue under:
CONSUMER PROTECTION (FAIR TRADING) ACT 2003
Second Schedule:
Regulation 20:
20. Using small print to conceal a material fact from the consumer or to mislead a consumer as to a material fact, in connection with the supply of goods or services.

Pah, OP's receipt doesn't have that line.

It's only CP so far that I've seen that has that line, which gives me some sort of creepy feeling. OP uses old-school handwritten receipts, remember? =D

But yes, obviously you have a case, but to sue would just mean a lot of hassle and initial $ and time; I think most people would just heck care unless they bought some really expensive equipment.

It's only CP so far that I've seen that has that line, which gives me some sort of creepy feeling. OP uses old-school handwritten receipts, remember? =D

But yes, obviously you have a case, but to sue would just mean a lot of hassle and initial $ and time; I think most people would just heck care unless they bought some really expensive equipment.

Yeah... i won sue for such things la... moreover, i think in future i may be still gettin stuff from them... later they ban me then not so nice...

Ha, I am heck-caring now as my Sigma 17-70 have a bit of front focusing problem while doing macro shots, 2-3mm or so. Not very obvious when I use F22. But I might ask them to take a look for me if it become worse.

In fact Sigma 150 is a lens I have been very looking forward to, but too bad I bought K100D without knowing there's no HSM lens for Pentax. :embrass:

The thing is Sigma lens quality really varies a lot and it's necessary to check very carefully before making purchases.

m00nman26, hope you will get your replacement or refund soon, I will bug them for you if I pass by. :angel:

Ha, I am heck-caring now as my Sigma 17-70 have a bit of front focusing problem while doing macro shots, 2-3mm or so. Not very obvious when I use F22. But I might ask them to take a look for me if it become worse.

In fact Sigma 150 is a lens I have been very looking forward to, but too bad I bought K100D without knowing there's no HSM lens for Pentax. :embrass:

The thing is Sigma lens quality really varies a lot and it's necessary to check very carefully before making purchases.

m00nman26, hope you will get your replacement or refund soon, I will bug them for you if I pass by. :angel:

Haha thanks... The copy that i got is rather good with no focusing prob except the aperture stuck.. Hopefully the replacement unit optics are as good. Check out my test shots done at the shop, when its still working :p

Haha thanks... The copy that i got is rather good with no focusing prob except the aperture stuck.. Hopefully the replacement unit optics are as good. Check out my test shots done at the shop, when its still working :p

Have you tried it out with another camera? Sometimes the problem is the lens firmware not compatible with your camera, and not a manufacturing defect per se.

But then again, that won't solve your problem, since you're not going to buy another camera just to use the lens!

Have you tried it out with another camera? Sometimes the problem is the lens firmware not compatible with your camera, and not a manufacturing defect per se.

But then again, that won't solve your problem, since you're not going to buy another camera just to use the lens!

I mean, logically, if all my other lenses no prob except this, i should assume is a lens prob mah.. moreover, at the shop, did not face this problem only after get home and tried a few shots and suddenly, the viewfinder becomes almost fully dark and when i took out the lens, found that the aperture was stuck.

Wah..cheaper by S$170 ...I don't expect "super" service by them. To be fair, this quality problem is from Sigma. I Will be happy if they do a exchange once the new goods arrive.

Wah..cheaper by S$170 ...I don't expect "super" service by them. To be fair, this quality problem is from Sigma. I Will be happy if they do a exchange once the new goods arrive.

I beg to differ. Low price does not always equate poor service. Remember the times in SLS where costronic used to rulez with their low prices. But eventually, they still lost out to the other shops with slightly higher prices but better service. IMO, if they wish to remain competitive, service standards must be at least on par with competitors, because ultimately, prices of other shops will slowly drop to follow theirs, and if a shop has a bad reputation for quality, they will lose out... TOo much ron kaufman stuff already better stop talking :bsmilie:

I beg to differ. Low price does not always equate poor service. Remember the times in SLS where costronic used to rulez with their low prices. But eventually, they still lost out to the other shops with slightly higher prices but better service. IMO, if they wish to remain competitive, service standards must be at least on par with competitors, because ultimately, prices of other shops will slowly drop to follow theirs, and if a shop has a bad reputation for quality, they will lose out... TOo much ron kaufman stuff already better stop talking :bsmilie:

Yup, I do agree. However, IMHO, I believed they can give a good price as they do not stock-up goods in the store which might adds up the inventory costs. So they might not have a replacement immediately. This doesn't mean poor service, it's just their strategy. So If a customer who buy a new lens and wanted to go for a important trip next week or so..better take all these into consideration.

James

Maybe next time before we get any Sigma lenses, check how much stock they have first?:sticktong

i think OP ordering is considered quite fast compared to other shop's 4 to 6 weeks if they do not have stock.

not sure about full money refund, but retailers are required to replace a faulty item even if they put a "goods sold are not exchangable" on the receipt.

going to get some stuffs from OP this weekend (first time)... hope everything is ok :sweat:

btw, OP mention a sigma flash i am getting is coming this friday.... your lense might be in this shipment :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.