Here be dragons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonseas

Dec 22, 2007
Went to a temple with 2 friends to see if we could take some "mood" shots. I asked a man, who seemed like the caretaker, if we could take pictures of the temple. Turns out that our guess is right, he is the caretaker. After a short round of 20 questions, he gave us the go ahead.

Unfortunately, people started to stream into the temple to pray and we sort of got into their way, and they into ours... All in all a pretty civil sort of mess...

My portraiture skills suck, and I wasn't ready to take pics of people milling around the temple... so I concentrated on the fittings round the temple...

This shot is more of a "ooh, lookit the texture" kind of shot.

Please feel free to give me your thoughts, especially on composition, lighting and potential post processing ideas. By the way, I only use Capture NX and GIMP. The Adobe tools are beyond my budget.

Thanks in advance!

2372745635_710e58014d.jpg

Other pictures of mine can be found here.

only one complaint here; though this, i must say, is a strong example of a shot while technically sound, and nothing wrong with it, is not a very inspiring photo,

would definitely work better as a part of the series; alone it seems a tad boring

...and certainly works better in black and white with emphasis on red channel during channel mixing

2413243159_716b45a6bc_o.jpg

Thanks night86mare, I find that the highlights in the b/w seems a bit harsh... maybe it's my sucky laptop LCD screen though...

I agree that this isn't an inspiring sort of shot... like I said... it's more of a "ooh... look at the texture" shot...

such pics need to be pretty sharp all over:D ur pic is unsharp at the bottom and the top:think:cz its a tight frame ur whole pic is the subject:bsmilie:eek:ne can easily spend lot of time trying to decipher the dragons image;) almost like a riddle:think:

such pics need to be pretty sharp all over:D ur pic is unsharp at the bottom and the top:think:cz its a tight frame ur whole pic is the subject:bsmilie:eek:ne can easily spend lot of time trying to decipher the dragons image;) almost like a riddle:think:

I disagree. Such pics can be done with nice bokeh as well. At first look at it i do know its a dragon head, however i would had preferred it with a top angle shot as well, showing the full face of the dragon.

just my 2 cents worth if u dun mind. since your idea is to capture the texture of the dragon, i would think a close up shot would be better. maybe even a macro one. as it is, i do see the material having some form of texture but nothing more. if its the design on the dragon, its incomplete cos u are not shooting the whole dragon and it was probably shot wide open so there are oof areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.