HelpWanted!&#65347

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefng

Feb 16, 2006
Hi guys!I'm having problem with my K10 that doesn't seem to focus sharp but instead 1 foot behind the subject making all pictures out of focus.

My current K10 is using the later version of firmware which doesn't allow entering the focus setup mode.

If any of you pentaxian has an earlier firmware for K10 pls email to me ok? I'm not able to find the older version from pentax website.

Email : value.solutions@yahoo.com

Thanks a million.

Regards,
Jeff

Last edited:
Are you using manual lens? Check your diopter setting first.

If its autofocus, have you tried it with another lens? It could be a problem with the lens. If its a Pentax kit lens, you can bring it to Emjay and ask Kelvin to have a look at it. :)

Hi i'm using 4 pentax af lenses all of which has this back focusing problem but more prominently with wide lens.

Will send to emjay if i can't fix it myself.

Thanks bro!

No need to downgrade your firmware.
you can just create a text file using Notepad with following command:-
[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU]

Name the file as "MODSET". Put this text file into your SD card root folder then insert it to your camera.
Switch on your camera with SD Card door open.
It should bring you to Debug mode. Ya, it worked on my K10D with firmware v1.3.

Someone is working on pentax firmware hacking in Pentaxforum. You can try to search it if you are interested. Almost all the models are able to enter to debug mode, including K7.

Hi,

Check your email. The 2nd file should be able to work if you are currently using version 1.30.

Last edited:
Wow thanks guys! That really helped.

Going to try out tonight.

Really appreciate your help.

:):):):):)

No luck tonight.

1st method using SD card with text command didn't work. Cam powers up a second then turned off again. Not able to enter Debug mode.

2nd method using new firmware causes the pc to shut down once cam is plugged into usb port. Suspected cause could be cable problem.

Looks like a trip to emjay is the only solution.

hi I emailed you the text file I mentioned. Maybe your text file is created wrongly. It worked on my k10d v1.3, sure it will work on your k10d as well.

When transfering the firmware file to SD card, I would prefer to use card reader, eject card and reader, then insert card into camera. There should be no need to use USB cable to connect camera to computer.

Thanks guys for your help.
I managed to use the older firmware version sent by our friend CY Oh to enter debug mode.
Problem solved now!
I can finally go out to take nice pictures instead of living with OOF pics for so long.
Once again, thanks to all the nice friendly pentaxians here in clubsnap for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.