Helps pls - Question on Workflow with IPAD and Camera Kit

jetabout

Jul 12, 2009
South
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of doing this - take photo with my favourite camera, download the pics to IPAD using its camera kit, do all the touch up, editing etc in IPAD, arrange them in folders, export back to SD card and then download to PC. In essence, I wanted to view, edit/delete all my pics taken in IPAD instead of PC. The pics are downloaded to PC only after I have chosen and edited them.

Question - the camera kit doesnt allow me to arrange into folders which I like to be able to name it. Is there an app that will allow me to download, organise and edit my photos in IPAD, and allow me to export the pics back in full resolution?

I read snapseed is useful for editing, but doesn't allow creating folders.

First of all you have a limitation.. IPAD is only max 32gb, so if you shoot on RAW or large Jpeg, you will prob run out of space pretty fast. I do not think IPAD is practical enough now to do the full editing, even with Snapseed. If you want to do simple adjustments like exposure, whitebalance etc it's prob ok.

Next, i think the transfer from camera>IPAD>PC will prob take a long time as well.

I have the camera kit for the ipad too... The only thing i can think of and works well if for you to screen through hundreds of pictures on the go and delete those that are not up to your standard... the remaining, down load to pc and edit from there..

Ipad do not have enough memory nor is it fast enough for powerful editing tool.

You are right, I wanted to be able to delete those "poor" shots by seeing them in the IPAD screen, maybe some minor editing and then send them back to the SD card instead of to PC via itunes.

The camera kit doesn't allow me to export Photos back to the SD card it seems. Any ideas how can I transfer the photos from IPAD back to SD card without the need of a PC? That will certainly help with my "on-the-go" circumstance I find myself in most of the time!

I have the camera kit for the ipad too... The only thing i can think of and works well if for you to screen through hundreds of pictures on the go and delete those that are not up to your standard... the remaining, down load to pc and edit from there..

Ipad do not have enough memory nor is it fast enough for powerful editing tool.

Wrong tool for the job. You should have gotten a netbook instead. iPad is over-hyped.