Helping my Chinese wife learn photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericschmerick

May 21, 2009
Singapore, River Valley area
Hi All -

I'm new to Singapore, and I'm American. Spent the last few years in China, and I'm married to a Chinese person. She's here with me in Singapore, and think she would enjoy photography, so I'm trying to get her to learn. I was hoping to find either some websites for DSLR tips and learning in Chinese, or some local outings where most people will be speaking Mandarin.

Any pointers or tips in finding outings with Mandarin speakers, or other tips anyone can share?

Thanks,
Eric

Hi All -

I'm new to Singapore, and I'm American. Spent the last few years in China, and I'm married to a Chinese person. She's here with me in Singapore, and think she would enjoy photography, so I'm trying to get her to learn. I was hoping to find either some websites for DSLR tips and learning in Chinese, or some local outings where most people will be speaking Mandarin.

Any pointers or tips in finding outings with Mandarin speakers, or other tips anyone can share?

Thanks,
Eric

hmm...u and ur wife can always join our outing.

we be happy to guide u and ur wife...;)

well, she can of course look at the photography forums in china, such as fengniao or xitek. but do be warned, i feel that china photography forums have a much more lethal buybuybuy virus than singapore's.

well, she can of course look at the photography forums in china, such as fengniao or xitek. but do be warned, i feel that china photography forums have a much more lethal buybuybuy virus than singapore's.

Ha ha, I cannot disagree with you. I feel they make their buying decision very fast and easily get a new copy of expensive item.

I have a link

http://dcbbs.zol.com.cn/frmView.php?frameon=yes

I never thoroughly involve in the forum, so I cannot judge the content, just a sharing.

hmm...u and ur wife can always join our outing.

we be happy to guide u and ur wife...;)

Where and when outing? I wanna join can ? Haha never been to a photography outing

Cheers!

Where and when outing? I wanna join can ? Haha never been to a photography outing

Cheers!

u can click on the link on my signature for more info or find us in the kopitiam (450D thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.