help

switchblade

Aug 29, 2010
Hi,

I new to this forum, i need some help on buying on lens.. I currently using D3000. Which kinda of lens is suitable for my camera ? Is D700 lens suitable ? and what is the thing i have to notes or know for the lens i buying ?? Thanks alot !!

All AF-S lenses will work fine on your camera. Why do you need new lenses? Where do you feel limited by the kit lens?
D700 is a FX (full frame) camera while the D3000 is a DX (APS-C) camera. While the FX lenses will certainly work on your DX camera, you'll just be wasting money.

Hi,

I new to this forum, i need some help on buying on lens.. I currently using D3000. Which kinda of lens is suitable for my camera ? Is D700 lens suitable ? and what is the thing i have to notes or know for the lens i buying ?? Thanks alot !!

I suggest reading your manual and becoming more familiar with your camera. Also note the limitation on non-AF-S or AF-I lenses with your camera in terms of autofocus. Again, check your manual, or the numerous D3000 reviews.

Well, it all depends on what do you usually shoot most. Say if you've no specific area of interest yet (I assume so since you said you're new), I suggest getting a 'general purpose', walkabout 18-200mm lens.

As for purchasing of the lens you've decided on, I suggest you do a bit of research around the BnS section first instead of jumping straight into hasty buys. You CAN actually find rather cheap deals (with rather good condition of the lens) if you do spend a bit of time scouring through BnS.

Goodluck on your lens buying and cheers :)

Oh really ? ok thank alot for your info =)

I mostly use it to take landscape and scenery, which kinda of lens would u all advise to get ? i currently only have my kit lens of 18-55.. is there any lens suitable for me to get to upgrade the lens other than sticking with the kit lens ?

Thanks alot =)

I mostly use it to take landscape and scenery, which kinda of lens would u all advise to get ? i currently only have my kit lens of 18-55.. is there any lens suitable for me to get to upgrade the lens other than sticking with the kit lens ?

Thanks alot =)

How is the kit lens limiting you? You need to be able to answer that before even thinking of buying another lens.

hmm the zoom or length distance ? due to its max at 55 ..

hmm the zoom or length distance ? due to its max at 55 ..

Landscape you normally go wide. Have you experienced times when the focal length was insufficient for your needs? If yes, then it could be a good time to consider a telephoto lens like a 75-300. Many good deals in the buy and sell here.

wow really ? thanks.. btw .. wat is de diff between Nikon 28-200mm f/3.5-f5.6D (IF) and my current d3000 kit lens 18 - 55 ?

switchblade said:
wow really ? thanks.. btw .. wat is de diff between Nikon 28-200mm f/3.5-f5.6D (IF) and my current d3000 kit lens 18 - 55 ?

The focal length is different, meaning the "zoom" is different

Do read through the newbies FAQ guides on here and the basic newbies guides all over the web. Learn to read up on focal length, aperture, ISO and exposure.

hi
is it worth to buy 28 - 200 or 55 - 200 when my kit lens is 18 - 55 ? cause i don wanna to short change my kit lens..

Bro, we are willing to help you but please do give us clarity on why you feel there's an urge to buy a new lens on top of your kit lens?

1. BBB syndrome?
2. Just to be out of the newbie context by having (2) lens in your arsenal?
3. Kit lens is not enough for you? reach (focal)? sharpness?
4. What is your preference? Wide angle? Zoom? Portrait? Macro?

Buying a second lens solely depends on your need and lifestyle... PLUS! please do not underestimate your kit lens as this is a very good basic lens to get you started, it is actually part of Ken Rockwell's Nikon's 10 best lenses:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/10-best.htm

Hi,

I recommend you start learning the basics on photography and shoot for a while before buying your next lens.

hi
is it worth to buy 28 - 200 or 55 - 200 when my kit lens is 18 - 55 ? cause i don wanna to short change my kit lens..

I'm guessing you mean tt u feel u wld be doing injustice to ur kit lens if u buy a 20-200mm cuz u wld nt be using 29-55mm of ur kit lens? My take on tt is tt u tk e 55-200… might save u abit of money, but do consult e pros..

Bro, we are willing to help you but please do give us clarity on why you feel there's an urge to buy a new lens on top of your kit lens?

1. BBB syndrome?
2. Just to be out of the newbie context by having (2) lens in your arsenal?
3. Kit lens is not enough for you? reach (focal)? sharpness?
4. What is your preference? Wide angle? Zoom? Portrait? Macro?

Buying a second lens solely depends on your need and lifestyle... PLUS! please do not underestimate your kit lens as this is a very good basic lens to get you started, it is actually part of Ken Rockwell's Nikon's 10 best lenses:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/10-best.htm

I have 3 lenses n yet i consider myself to be newbie too..lol

hi

what you can do now is to read up and learn more about photography and your camera..
know how to use your equipment first, then think about buying more only later..
you will be doing injustice to your lens not because of your next lens purchase, but because of your lack of knowledge..