help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeruz

Feb 5, 2009
okay so im a first time poster on here, came upon the site while searching google trying to deside...
d60 (new) vs d70 (used)

found the d70 on kijiji, comes with a 18-135 lens, tripod, carrying case, and 2gb memory card for $650

but then

i found a d60 (brand new from store) with 18-55mm & 55-200mm Digital Zoom Lens Kit for $769

im new to the dslr scene... my parents are trying to get my into a canon as their slr lens will work on the dslr. but i like the nikons better...
i'm planning on taking a class to learn how to use the camera, and most my shots will be indoor and outdoor, mostly action (equestrian sports), and sometimes in the distance. i currently use a canon S3 IS, and have been told i should be selling my pictures, and figured i'd give the dslr a try and see what i can do.

just i don't know what to go for.

HELP!!!

i agree with your parents. since they have canon lens, it makes alot of sense to stick to canon dslr.

economy is real bad. many may loose their jobs. if you have gold mountain or silver mountain, than it makes sense to buy something you like (wont everybody like that):bsmilie::bsmilie:

i agree with your parents. since they have canon lens, it makes alot of sense to stick to canon dslr.

economy is real bad. many may loose their jobs. if you have gold mountain or silver mountain, than it makes sense to buy something you like (wont everybody like that):bsmilie::bsmilie:

Eh.... But still, if you're more comfortable with a system you like, you tend to fare better...

haha...yup...go with your parents' decision....u just need to convince them to get the L lens so u can borrow...haha

on a serious note, do consider going for canon especially if they have a set of good lens already. Although personal preferences are always paramount when choosing a system, going for canon camera as your first now gives u a couple of advantages:

1. You have ready access to canon lens (assuming they have more than kit lens...) & accessories

2. Burden of cost of future lens and accessories will be split - not too heavy. you will be surprised how easy it is to get posioned by BBB virus in this forum..:devil:

3. When and if you go semi-pro or pro and decide to change systems, you dun have to sell your gears away, just give to your parents. :) This is better than you deciding on a system (e.g. nikon) and then realised u dun like it and have to sell your system at a loss to others.

These advantages may be negated if you have already made a very very firm decision to stick to nikon or any other system right from the start and is very very sure u won't change system.

Good luck deciding....as they say...it is not the tool but the workman that wields the tool that matter. :)

haha...yup...go with your parents' decision....u just need to convince them to get the L lens so u can borrow...haha

2. Burden of cost of future lens and accessories will be split - not too heavy. you will be surprised how easy it is to get posioned by BBB virus in this forum..:devil:

better still, get your parents to join CS, than you dont even have to inject poison needles into them liao, we will do the job for you.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

is ur parent lens pro lens? or just normal kit lens?

MF or AF?

if you are considering d70 vs d60..
first question is the 18-55 and 55-200 vr versions
next d70 have internal motor d60 dun have.

i persoanlly would go for a d70 ...but at a lower price range...if u look hard egh here at cs u can get d70 with basic kit lens for less than $500.

next shoot indoor sports might require u to have some prime fast lens. do ur parents have them?
e.g 50mm f1.8 or 85mm f1.8. or even better if they got L lens!

go with canon and use the lens your parents have, save the time to decide what lens to get anyway.

thanks everyone :) okay guess i'll stick with the canon for a while...i like my moms SLR but i want to get a D-SLR...i like to see my pictures before printing :p save money...lol

okay so, we have a Canon Rebel 2000 EOS...and we have 75-300mm lens on it, now what camera would that be compatable with? its a AF & MF focus lens. i know my best bet may be to go in with the lens and find out what its compatable with etc etc...

thanks a bunch :)

Wat else does your parent have??

If they only have the kit lens and nothing more, then consider getting your own system and start building up....

No point joining them if they don't have any good stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.