HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrytay23

Jul 9, 2008
Hi guys,

I am new to DSLR. lately i just got my D80, it has funny sounds... llike mouse sound.... does anyone else have that kind of sound?? shake it lightly and you will know what i am talking about.. i have asked my fren but he said should not have that kind of sound too... thanks guys... let me know if your D80 have sound like mine.. if not i will send it to service center..

Hi guys,

I am new to DSLR. lately i just got my D80, it has funny sounds... llike mouse sound.... does anyone else have that kind of sound?? shake it lightly and you will know what i am talking about.. i have asked my fren but he said should not have that kind of sound too... thanks guys... let me know if your D80 have sound like mine.. if not i will send it to service center..

Your camera is squeaking??? :bigeyes:

Better get it checked at NSC.

Does it only squeak when you are focusing??

May be the AF motor or the lens itself... try a different lens and check again

my d40 also has that tiny screw loose sound when i shake it...as long as it doesnt break down, is good enough already.

Thanks guys.... i even shake it without lens... it still have like screw loose sound.... damn.. i will be away for weekends.. will get it check... i will update see what they say....

do you know that there are moving parts in your camera?
don't shake it too hard

there are mice in your camera that types the 101100100010001 on a tiny computer when you press the shutter
and when you shake your camera too hard they will cry :cry:

Thanks guys.... i even shake it without lens... it still have like screw loose sound.... damn.. i will be away for weekends.. will get it check... i will update see what they say....

Perhaps vonlichenstein's hammie has a screw loose? :bsmilie:

OK lah, stop teasing you. Get it checked. It could be something as simple as a moving part like the built-in flash that was designed to be a bit loose for speed of use and so that it won;t get stuck when there's a bit of dirt/grime.

there are mice in your camera that types the 101100100010001 on a tiny computer when you press the shutter
and when you shake your camera too hard they will cry :cry:

What to feed them and how to make sure they're healthy or need to see the vet?

What to feed them and how to make sure they're healthy or need to see the vet?

feed them good pictures of xmm. they will be healthy and strong! nikon service centre has a vet, he works in the room behind the counter. when your pictures start to not look so good, its time to send them to the vet!

If you just bought it, bring it back to the shop and change.

feed them good pictures of xmm. they will be healthy and strong! nikon service centre has a vet, he works in the room behind the counter. when your pictures start to not look so good, its time to send them to the vet!

Dear vonlichenstein,

Thank you so much for your timely advise.

I suspect some of my mice may not be feeling so well recently.

At first I thought it was because of the recent hot weather, but when I saw your reply, I knew (guiltily) that I had been under-nourishing them. I hope they can forgive me and that they will take well to the local variety of XMMs as they have been on an entirely imported diet.

I'm going to send them to the NSC vet soon, but could I ask you another question in confidence? I once had a friend who sent in her mice to a 'vet' she was never allowed to meet.

It turned out he was an octogenarian male who had deviant tendencies with even mice of the opposite gender. The poor darlings never seemed to fully recover after that, and my friend's camera frequently fired off before her shutter was fully depressed, sometimes even a series of uncontrollable and premature rapid fires before the camera needed to rest for a few hours.

Would you happen to know if I can trust the vet at this NSC so many are recommending?

Sincerely,
Concerned about our mice.

Last edited:
Dear vonlichenstein,

Thank you so much for your timely advise.

I suspect some of my mice may not be feeling so well recently.

At first I thought it was because of the recent hot weather, but when I saw your reply, I knew (guiltily) that I had been under-nourishing them. I hope they can forgive me and that they will take well to the local variety of XMMs as they have been on an entirely imported diet.

I'm going to send them to the NSC vet soon, but could I ask you another question in confidence? I once had a friend who sent in her mice to a 'vet' she was never allowed to meet.

It turned out he was an octogenarian male who had deviant tendencies with even mice of the opposite gender. The poor darlings never seemed to fully recover after that, and my friend's camera frequently fired off before her shutter was fully depressed, sometimes even a series of uncontrollable and premature rapid fires before the camera needed to rest for a few hours.

Would you happen to know if I can trust the vet at this NSC so many are recommending?

Sincerely,
Concerned about our mice.

Dear Dream Merchant,

I'm glad to be of help to your poor under nourished mice. However I am unable to respond to your other query as I will have to charge a consultation fee to cover the rising cost of my mouse welfare management business, as well as the rising price of camera equipment.

Sincerely,
Concerned about our mice and the welfare of my wallet.

P.S. Contrary to recent newspaper reports, Singapore girls who speak incolligible Singlish are not, and i quote, "Sexy and cute".

they are funky and cute, you neber listen to lalio delication issit?

solly, mai laliao sproil aleddy. mebbe euu wud laik 2 lend mie one?

pee.ess. belly hard 2 type lidat leh. dunch kno how sum ppl can type lidat sho fast one.

Dear Dream Merchant,

I'm glad to be of help to your poor under nourished mice. However I am unable to respond to your other query as I will have to charge a consultation fee to cover the rising cost of my mouse welfare management business, as well as the rising price of camera equipment.

Sincerely,
Concerned about our mice and the welfare of my wallet.

P.S. Contrary to recent newspaper reports, Singapore girls who speak incolligible Singlish are not, and i quote, "Sexy and cute".

Dear vonlichenstein,

thank you for your amazingly quick reply!

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed as I was under the distinct impression that you operated in Singapore, and therefore subscribed to the consumer-centric concept of ...oh, how do you locals phrase it? ... 'ai-chee', 'ai-pee' and some sort of 'ai tua-something or another.

However, as a fair-minded person, I fully understand and accept your explanation of your policies. I hear that mice welfare management as well as the cost of camera equipment can get pretty ridiculous over there. And certainly, the health of your wallet is surely more important than the health of our mice! :angry:

I haven't sampled the local offerings of XMMs. Not because I'm a snob, but simply because I could never understand what sort of proposition they were so enthusiastically offering every time I walked into a pub or ka-re-okay. Yes, colloidal English can be so exasperating to understand! Besides, I always wondered why they were coming onto an old lady like me. Shouldn't they have been targeting the DOMs or GWCs?

Thank you and have a good day.
Still concerned about our mice

Last edited:
Dear vonlichenstein,

thank you for your amazingly quick reply!

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed as I was under the distinct impression that you operated in Singapore, and therefore subscribed to the consumer-centric concept of ...oh, how do you locals phrase it? ... 'ai-chee', 'ai-pee' and some sort of 'ai tua-something or another.

However, as a fair-minded person, I fully understand and accept your explanation of your policies. I hear that mice welfare management as well as the cost of camera equipment can get pretty ridiculous over there. And certainly, the health of your wallet is surely more important than the health of our mice! :angry:

I haven't sampled the local offerings of XMMs. Not because I'm a snob, but simply because I could never understand what sort of proposition they were so enthusiastically offering every time I walked into a pub or ka-re-okay. Yes, colloidal English can be so exasperating to understand! Besides, I always wondered why they were coming onto an old lady like me. Shouldn't they have been targeting the DOMs?

We digress. Since you're not willing to offer your professional services for free or for a ridiculously low fee, as I thought most of you 'professional' photographers on your forum do, I have to go back and see if I can now entice some slutty looking XMM with some fake LV or Hello Kitty throw-away to help me keep my mice alive.

Thank you and have a good day.
Still concerned about our mice

Dear Dream Merchant,

Perhaps you misunderstand. your distinct impression that i operate from the friendly, feaces infested shores of the island of Temasek is highly accurate, impressively perceptive and entirely genius.

I must say I am most impressed with your powers of perception, and would have liked offer you a position on my staff. The responsibilities of the position include profiling and analysing all clients of our mice welfare management consultancy to determine how much we should overcharge, i mean charge, them. But, in view of the demands of working life in present day society, and your status as an old loday, I'm afraid i cannot hire you for any role other than that of cleaner or secretary. Interested?

As you say, we digress. Perhaps I was mistaken in my assessment of the young local female population and their linguistic prowess. I have realised in the course of my "work" that what i assumed were good local specimens of XMM were in fact males dressed as females. I apologise for any distress/emotional trauma caused by my ill-thought statement previously.

As you have indicated, I do not condone nor do I engage in the foolish practice of under-cutting prices and working FOC for the sake of "exposure". If I wanted exposure I would yank down my trousers and streak down Orchard Road before defenestrating the infernal person who attempted to make me work for "exposure".

Sincerely concerned for the welfare of our mice and the feminity of the local XMMs
vonlichenstein

P.S. I believe our intellectual and enlightening discussion of the sorry state of the photographic and mice welfare management business belongs in the photo biz corner. Apologies to the TS for hijacking his thread and diverting attention from the emancipated state of his mice.

Last edited:
Dear vonlichenstein,

Again, I than you for your fast reply and clarity.

Also, while your offer of two jobs is exceedingly kind, I'm afraid I can only accept the position of 'Cleaning Lady'.

I expect that you will prepare a suitable eexpatriate package for me, including a nice, cosy condominium, and my starting salary, in keeping with current salary packages in my country, shall start at 3000 pounds, to be reviewed for increase in 6 months. Please have your people send the contract to my solicitors for their ministration.

I so look forward to meeting and working with you soon vonlichenstein!

Cheerio!
Concerned and now employed, and yes, apologies to TS. Oh, how are your mice doing dear?

Dear Dream Merchant,

Certainly, I look forward to having you in my employ. I will arrange for my solicitor to contact your shortly. And I thank you for your prompt reply. But before that, I require a few details for the admin department to process the paper work involved.

Kindly provide your:
Full name
Photocopy of your Passport and ic
An A0 sized picture of yourself
Your bank account number
Your PIN number
Cheque for 10,00 pounds, sterling; made out to I.Scam.You Mouse Welfare Consultancy 123 Fraud Road, Nigeria 96652

We will send you your first pay cheque upon receipt of the above.

Looking forward to scamming you, i mean working with you.
vonlichenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.