~~HELP~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagalogy

Oct 30, 2007
Hi guys, i m planning to get either Nikon D80 or Canon 40D by tis month end......What items do i have to look into when i purchase as i never buy any DSLR camera b4........

1. Havent hands on or purchase any of the DSLR camera before....( I m beri new to tis hobby......VIRGIN.....hahaha...) and maybe it a good advantages to me as in the function buttons and handling grip...

2. What are the Pro n Cons of this 2 models? ( i read the specs already online, but all claim theirs is the best, how to believe?)

3. Does the lens come with it or additional purchase or bundle?

4. what lens should i request if i purchase as a bundle?

5. What r the resonable price range?

6. what additional items do i have to look out for inorder not to get chop:kok: by the shop?

7. Any good and reliable shop to recommend? ( Hands on camera / service / pricing )

Really appreciate for the senior advise.........:)

Canon40D is a different beast from Nikon D80 as in it's a step above.
Nikon D80 should be compared with Canon 400D as entry lvl DSLR whereas
Canon 40D is more of intermediate, as with Nikon D200/300.

just a caution... if you're new as in totally new to cameras... you may want to hold back the horses a while... play with some prosumers first...

reasons?
1. you might get overwhelm with all the functions that you new DSLR has and you might get really fustrated over time. trying to get the right combination and such...

2. If you are going to take a easy way of using Auto for the DSLR, i would rather u do that with a prosumer, you can focus more on taking good pictures than trying to work your camera...

3. With a prosumer such as canon S5 or FZ18, you'll be getting lense that are capable of macro (0-1cm) and super tele zoom (18x optical). you will NEVER see a DSLR lense with that kind of capability. which means you may end up complaining about have having the right lense for this and that...

4. If you really must get a DSLR... do have a hands on first. if it doesn't feel right its better to find one that feels better... canon and nikon are the more famous brands, but don't kill the rest of the brands :) they aren't that bad either.

End of the day its still your choice :) most importantly is to have fun with taking pictures:) keep the passion burning dude!

you need to meet the cameras and hold them in your hands

you then need to close your eyes and feel the force within you.
only then will you know which side of the force you belong to ...

Haha~ :thumbsup:

u make me recall the hokkien version of the "Luke, wa si ning lao pei" :bsmilie:

Hahaha..........lao pei mai heng wa lew leh..........Anyway thks alot bros..........will try hands on tis wkend in Taka b4 purchase.........;)

Good one! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.