Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabs

Apr 28, 2005
lalaland
i have a panasonic lumix fx-7. now i'm thinking of getting a dSLR thats within the budget of $1000ish, full frame, etc.. the Canon EOS 350D, 8mp, sgd1599 seems pretty cool.

can someone also tell me who are the main dSLR competitors in the market? (nikon vs canon?)

*blur* :confused:

dont think 1k can get you anywhere near Full Frame. ;)

some of the beginner's models from the various companies..
1. Canon 350D and the upcoming 400D
2. Nikon D50
3. Sony A100
4. Olympus E330

at the moment the heavy weights are 1,2 with 3 being the latest in this market.

:dunno:

i saw an article on full frame and i thought it was pretty cool. heh

hmm which brand more reputable for dSLR?

and all of you reply so fast!! :heart:

oh oh when the 400D coming out? :D

FilterFunk said:
dont think 1k can get you anywhere near Full Frame. ;)

some of the beginner's models from the various companies..
1. Canon 350D and the upcoming 400D
2. Nikon D50
3. Sony A100
4. Olympus E330

at the moment the heavy weights are 1,2 with 3 being the latest in this market.

sabs said:
:dunno:

i saw an article on full frame and i thought it was pretty cool. heh

hmm which brand more reputable for dSLR?

and all of you reply so fast!! :heart:
i guess the cheapest full frame dSLR you can get is canon 5D... but at the cost of about 4-5x Nikon D50. :bsmilie:
sure FF is very cool... but you gotta pay for it

do you know what are the cons of FF, if any?

oh dear i feel so dumb :/

ExplorerZ said:
i guess the cheapest full frame dSLR you can get is canon 5D... but at the cost of about 4-5x Nikon D50. :bsmilie:
sure FF is very cool... but you gotta pay for it

Looks like you might be better off sticking to your fx-7 for now. The jump to upgrade to a dslr should only be taken when you fell that your current camera can no longer take the pics you want. Seeing as how you do not seem to be familiar with the basics i'd suggest you save more $$ and keep shooting and reading up first?

The only real con of a FF sensor is that it costs so much more and doesnt really appeal if you tend to shoot at the tele end more..

also heard that full frame also more prone to vignetting??

J-Chan said:
also heard that full frame also more prone to vignetting??

This depends on the lens. Good lenses that provide an adequately large image circle shouldn't vignette.

The only real downside of a full frame camera is the price.

A traditional SLR would be full frame, cost less than a dSLR and you can easily find one within your budget.:D

hmmm i always wanted a dSLR ma.. :/

i shoot more macro than anything

raptor84 said:
Looks like you might be better off sticking to your fx-7 for now. The jump to upgrade to a dslr should only be taken when you fell that your current camera can no longer take the pics you want. Seeing as how you do not seem to be familiar with the basics i'd suggest you save more $$ and keep shooting and reading up first?

The only real con of a FF sensor is that it costs so much more and doesnt really appeal if you tend to shoot at the tele end more..

Most DSLRs these days aren't full-frame.

Full frame sensors are very expensive to produce, and for all intents and purposes, APS-C sized cameras are plenty good enough as far as image quality is concerned.

Buying Dcams these days is just like buying PC. It gets obsolete the moment you take it out of the box (ok, ok so that's a mild exaggeration). The point is, there will always be a new model looming within a matter of months after you buy any camera at any time.

If you need one urgently for some reason, get the 350D.

If you can wait, go for the 400D.

sabs said:
hmmm i always wanted a dSLR ma.. :/

i shoot more macro than anything

Then i would suggest getting a prosumer or even a compact camera for now. Maybe you can buy a prosumer camera like the fz-30 or S3 IS with a pretty decent macro function.

Then agian the suggestion to get either a 350D (getting very cheap now) or 400D and a macro lens might also work. Keep in mind for the DLSR route you need to add around $200-$300 to yur budget for the dry caibent, tripod and other acessories..

LOL!!

but seriously, now its really putting me off getting a dSLR.

synapseman said:
Buying Dcams these days is just like buying PC. It gets obsolete the moment you take it out of the box.

anw, whens the 400 coming out?

sabs said:
anw, whens the 400 coming out?

The 400D is being sold at Comex for $1669 but stocks will be available only in about 2 weeks time. If I'm not wrong, you pay first and collect later.

Also, you can be quite sure that it will cost less if you buy from one of the more well known shops like Cathay Photo, Alan Photo and MS-Color.

go to the macro and close up forum,
the masters there do not use DSLR to shoot great images

check out their images and equipment setups

Status
Not open for further replies.