Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Need some help here cos getting desperate.

I'm trying to hook my Mac up via Singnet ADSL. Installed EnterNet but ADSL modem can't seem to work when I link it to my Mac via USB.

Tried both OS X and 9.2.

Anyone can pls help???? :dunno:

Thanx!!!

sry bro, no go

I'm using SCV and that's not a problem....

are you running a network at home ?
maybe you can hook up the model to a PC first, then from the PC share the connection to a network......

hmmmmmmmm another reason to stay with a PC :) hehehehe

heh...last time my sis got mac...tried for singnet borad band but not suited for mac though.

u using the expanded usb hub is it...those like multiplug like that

There's only 1 model of ADSL modem that's compatible with Mac.

And it costs a cool S$500+.

Most definitely NOT worth my money... So I'll just bear with 56k for the time being and wait for my current contract with ADSL to end before switching back to cable.

Now I'm using StarHub BB at my friend's place and it work A-OK!! Didn't even have to do any setting up... Best, man :thumbsup:

Originally posted by rayman
There's only 1 model of ADSL modem that's compatible with Mac.

And it costs a cool S$500+.

Most definitely NOT worth my money... So I'll just bear with 56k for the time being and wait for my current contract with ADSL to end before switching back to cable.

Now I'm using StarHub BB at my friend's place and it work A-OK!! Didn't even have to do any setting up... Best, man :thumbsup:

Think the USB Modems Singnet is giving out free is not Mac-compatible. For Macs, you will probably need Ethernet ADSL modems. Elcon Diva or something.

There's a Prolink Ethernet ADSL Bridge for $200 odd, dunno if that will work.

Regards
CK

Thanx Ckiang.

Yes the modem I was talking abt that costs $500+ is the Eicon Diva 2430 SE.

Realised that Pacnet actually makes their ADSL Mac-compatible. In fact, they use similar brands of modems as Singnet (different models though). Funny thing is Singnet is not Mac-compatible while Pacnet is. I wonder why...

Further, Pacnet ADSL modems supports both USB and Ethernet whereas Singnet only allows for Ethernet. Checked with Singnet tech support and the tech told me only 1 modem can be used and it's Ethernet-based. Strange strange...

Anyway I told that tech guy that Singnet is going to lose one more customer and he just smiled.

Being one of the largest companies and one of the strongest GLCs in Singapore, this strategy by Singnet not to support Mac is definitely worth re-thinking. Anyone from Singnet reading this??????

Originally posted by rayman
Thanx Ckiang.

Yes the modem I was talking abt that costs $500+ is the Eicon Diva 2430 SE.

Realised that Pacnet actually makes their ADSL Mac-compatible. In fact, they use similar brands of modems as Singnet (different models though). Funny thing is Singnet is not Mac-compatible while Pacnet is. I wonder why...

Further, Pacnet ADSL modems supports both USB and Ethernet whereas Singnet only allows for Ethernet. Checked with Singnet tech support and the tech told me only 1 modem can be used and it's Ethernet-based. Strange strange...

Anyway I told that tech guy that Singnet is going to lose one more customer and he just smiled.

Being one of the largest companies and one of the strongest GLCs in Singapore, this strategy by Singnet not to support Mac is definitely worth re-thinking. Anyone from Singnet reading this??????

/me look around and sees Azone+Megaweb standing suspiciously nearly.. hmmm :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.