Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2004
Can some kind soul pls help with this question of mine ? I need to know urgently whether it is true that a professional wide angle zoom (like 17-40L ) cannot compare with a professional std zoom ( like 24-70L or sigma 24-70 EX) in terms of optical quality like sharpness at the same focal length and aperture ? Someone told me that this is due to inherent engrg/ design differences betwn these 2 diffrent classes of zooms. Is this true ? thks alot in advance. :thumbsup:

litechaser said:
Can some kind soul pls help with this question of mine ? I need to know urgently whether it is true that a professional wide angle zoom (like 17-40L ) cannot compare with a professional std zoom ( like 24-70L or sigma 24-70 EX) in terms of optical quality like sharpness at the same focal length and aperture ? Someone told me that this is due to inherent engrg/ design differences betwn these 2 diffrent classes of zooms. Is this true ? thks alot in advance. :thumbsup:
Of course it can...read the MTF charts to see the sharpness of both zoom lenses. Many users are captured by the sharpness of the 17-40 and 24-70

Oct 5, 2004
hi evenstar

thx for your pointer. yup, u are right....MTF per photozone shows that the sharpness of the 17-40L is similar, if not better than the 24-70L . Once again, thank you !:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom