help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guzzler

why does my printout does not have the same picture effect taken from dc. color and contrast, everything different. was printed on plain paper

Originally posted by Guzzler
why does my printout does not have the same picture effect taken from dc. color and contrast, everything different. was printed on plain paper

1. Plain paper sucks. It cannot deliver the kind of colour, vibrance, saturation, contrast, etc of the image it's printed on.

2. Printer and monitor usually does not match. Colour calibration is required on both, but that's another topic (albeit a complex one) altogether.

Try printing on photo glossy paper instead.

Regards
CK

currently except for the new epson 2200, all the black inks available are dark gray. so u lose contrast. and the paper is not really white, but light yellow or light grey.
plain paper absorbs the ink into the paper, hence u lose more contrast and it looks well, paperish...
so u get about 70% of the contrast, and 50% brightness.
photo paper or coated have the sticky acrylic surface to prevent the paper from eating the, and to supply a high reflective index so that the white is bright enough. so u get about 85% of the contrast, and 70% of the brightness...

the epson 2200 uses a matt black ink that is non reflective (I suspect scratchable) so it's 80+% contrast and 85% brightness.

u want 95+% brightness use a lightbox and transparencies. LOL

and the color of the eye of animal. turns out white, not black..

huh serious??? erm could u be out of black ink?
or u're sure the eye was black and not reflected?

black n color ink is not running out...
but dunno why such poor printout

hmmm well maybe u can put the pic here...
and maybe ur method of printing and printer etc..

very errie... black print out become white. quite impossible.

hi again!
the first pic is quite dark, so a bit hard to tell when printed if it's printer prob... try auto-leveling it first?

maybe tomcat can give some expert opinions...

the 2nd one is definitely no good for prints.. the eye is gray,
try zooming in and see.. so when printed it's a bit pale becos
70%(plain paper) x 70% (eye colour) is about 50% which looks just muddy dun u agree?

anywya, did not print the second pic at all..

lol I see...
why not try this...
copy ur pic and bring it to funan Canon showroom or Epson and ask a a trial print on their premium printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.