Help with tripod needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sneezybum

I am interested in the Silk U6600 or U8000 tripod. From the website, it is stated that the max operating height is 143cm for the U6600. But is is also stated that the max center column ext is 31cm. I am very confused as to the actual real operating height of this tripod. Is it 143cm or 143+31=174cm? Can any Silk U6600 or 8000 users please enlighten me? Thanks

Originally posted by sneezybum
I am interested in the Silk U6600 or U8000 tripod. From the website, it is stated that the max operating height is 143cm for the U6600. But is is also stated that the max center column ext is 31cm. I am very confused as to the actual real operating height of this tripod. Is it 143cm or 143+31=174cm? Can any Silk U6600 or 8000 users please enlighten me? Thanks

I own a U8000 tripod and work well with my light weight digital camera ..

what is ur height ?

my advice is you go down to CP and tripod the tripod urself ? ..

Originally posted by megaweb

I own a U8000 tripod and work well with my light weight digital camera ..

what is ur height ?

my advice is you go down to CP and tripod the tripod urself ? ..

Me about 1.74m. Went down last Sunady but was told don't have stock. Was recommended another tripod (brand: Tanner) instead. Did not like it as the quick release was quite cumbersome and I think Silk is more branded. That's my own opinion.

For the U6600 tripod. The max operating height is what u just described, 174cm with the extension of the centre column.

yeah the operating height doesn't include the center column height. i got a Slik 300DX and the specs states a 155cm operating height, but that's only the legs. when i jack up the center column, it's almost 170+++ cm... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.