Help with taking pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurtan

Oct 20, 2007
Simei
Hi all,
I am having abit of a problem taking photographs of some friends. They are abit on the dark/tanned side and whenever i take photographs of them, the overall photograph is too dark. Post-processing using Picture Project to brighten just results in them looking burnt (reddish). Can anyone please help me? Thanks very much, and much apologies for any offence caused.

Try to dial up the exposure. It's known in your manual as exposure compensation. Typically about +2/3 stop to +1 stop should be fine for shooting dark-skinned subjects

Ah, ok, thank you Stoned.
Another question: is it ok if i continue to focus on their faces, or should i increase aperture and focus on something more neutral, like a wall instead? Finally, should i focus on the person with the middle complexion (of the lot), or the fairest or..?

Thanks very much for all your help!

try using flash?

I'm afraid I'm still abit of a flash idiot :embrass: but will most definitely try it out when i have the time. thanks very much for the tip!

Another question: is it ok if i continue to focus on their faces, or should i increase aperture and focus on something more neutral, like a wall instead? Finally, should i focus on the person with the middle complexion (of the lot), or the fairest or..?

Perhaps easier to post a picture for critic.

basically read ur meter and adjust ur settings accordingly.
not sure abt the reddish issue, might be white balance if i think i got u right. . .

I always liked Nikon's metering. With the adjustment, Matrix mode should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.