Help with some Kenko equipment. (What is the difference between 8x20 and 8x32)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freed

Jan 4, 2003
Northern Singapore
www.pddesignstudio.com
The first number denotes how many times magnification you get. The second number denotes how big a piece of lens is used. Generally, the bigger the lens, the brighter your image. However it also depends on optical quality of the lens. There is a brightness rating for binoculous and monoculous.

Thanks Nerd.

I found out that the 8x20 monocular has a relative brightness of 6.25 while the 8x32 has a relative brightness of 16.

How does this figures affect f-stops when taking pictures?

Anyone knows??

Thanks!!:D

I s'pose 16 divided by 6.25 will give you an idea how much faster you can take pictures. 2.56 times faster... That's a lot!

Looks like you either got to order overseas by yourself, or try and get CP to order for you. Maybe pay em a deposit first? BTW What's CP's quote for 8x20?

The e-quote for 8x20 is surprisingly cheap. $100.

Any thoughts? Still wondering if I should get this, since it is really quite cheap.

Ordering the 8x32 from overseas will costs quite alot, maybe around S$300. Ordering the 8x20 from overseas itself also costs much more than the $100 quoted by CP.

$100?? Hmm.. do they have threads? Heh he, thinking of getting one for my A40. :) But maybe need to buy adapter also..

Seems like there's not much of a choice. Overseas order will be very expensive as you've already pointed out.

Yes, I think they have threads. The 8 x 20 suits my Coolpix 4500 just nice as they both have 28mm threads. Not so sure for ur A40.

The 8 x 32 caters to both 28mm and 37mm

Even with 8x32, you'll find that you can't take moving objects easily...

I don't know what will happen if I used 8x20.. .try to get the brighter one if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.