Help with recesky tlr

rachee

Apr 11, 2011
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi guys! Wondering if anyone can help me too. Im currently using a recesky tlr camera.. My film is loaded, the counter turns as well... But after developing, only a few pictures are developed. According to the photo shop people, there were only 2 exposures for the first roll and 5 for the 2nd. I've checked the negatives and it's blank.. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Thanks...

shutter issues?

probly be shutter issue. u try check out and open ur tml and see whether the shutter is clicking consistently.

like mine, if I click it harder, my shutter becomes 'b' mode. hahaha

What did you use to meter?
Could be an exposure problem or shutter problem.
A lot of these TLRs are pretty old and problems like like leak and sticky shutter is common.

Hmm my tlr is the DIY kind. So it's brand new. I hope it's not a problem during assembly, coz it was assembled by the seller.. Okok. I'll try to check the shutter once I'm done with the current role..

zeehamzah said:
probly be shutter issue. u try check out and open ur tml and see whether the shutter is clicking consistently.

like mine, if I click it harder, my shutter becomes 'b' mode. hahaha

What's 'b' mode?

pinholecam said:
A lot of these TLRs are pretty old and problems like like leak and sticky shutter is common.

Use to meter? Meaning?

pin, recsky TLR is those toy TLR that u diy. coems with only 2 shutter speeds, 1/60 (if i'm not mistaken) and bulb mode. doesnt have metering.

Recesky DIY TLR is a toy camera.
Its a Do It Yourself camera right down till the shutter mechanism.

Only have one shutter speed/aperture unless TS can mod. There are ways to mood it tho.

to TS: Have you tried opening the back of you TLR? After you open the back (the film door), hold your TLR agaisnt a light, den try pressing down the shutter lever, can you see the shutter open and closes?

pin, recsky TLR is those toy TLR that u diy. coems with only 2 shutter speeds, 1/60 (if i'm not mistaken) and bulb mode. doesnt have metering.

Oh Man!
Looks like my advice is no good then :D

New advice : throw into dustbin :D :D
just joking.
I leave the others more in the know of these toy cameras to advice.
Still likely shutter is not moving correctly though.

I've just checked the shutter and it's opening and closing each time I click the shutter.. Any idea what else could have caused the blanks?

What film did you load inside and what lighting conditions were in shooting in for the rest of the roll?

Were all the exposures made in the same lighting conditions as the OK ones?

I've just checked the shutter and it's opening and closing each time I click the shutter.. Any idea what else could have caused the blanks?

I have the same problem too, but I am a bit lucky. I have 7 exposures on my first and 17 on my second roll. I am using ISO200 (as recommended by the manual). Some exposures are overlapped but probably I didn't turn the knob enough. I plan to try with ISO400 film.

Gakkenflex version may be better than the Recesky. I am not sure. Some users actually put a piece of felt at the back to ensure the film is flat during exposure and turning of the knob. I have to press the back cover in order for the knob to turn properly after every exposure.

So far I don't have any problem with my recesky, and at times, I open the back door to make light leaks too.

I still have no idea why TS's have no exposure shown... :?

J-Chan said:
What film did you load inside and what lighting conditions were in shooting in for the rest of the roll?

Were all the exposures made in the same lighting conditions as the OK ones?

Nope.. Different lighting conditions, but generally 70% of the shots are outdoors with bright sunlight.. 30% are indoor/night when I was trying out. So if the 30% don't show I can understand due to insufficient light..

Film loaded for the 1st 2 rolls were ISO 400 which came together with the camera as a package...