Help with RAW in PS CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phildate

Hope someone can help with this problem:

I have been using RAW plug-in for Photoshop CS to convert my D70 files into JPEGS. Happy with the speed and versatility of this over Nikon Capture.

However, having purchased D2X, I have had to buy Nikon Capture and install 4.2 update as Photoshop RAW plug-in does not yet support D2X.

BUT...

Now when I open a D70 NEF file in PS CS, I get this crappy little RAW window that doesn't even let me change the colour temp, only the WB setting. Where has my normal RAW plug-in gone???????

HELP!!

Go into PS plugin folder

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\File Formats

remove the one that Nikon Capture installed, Nikon NEF Plugin.8Bi... and restart PS CS.

Thanks!! This has been driving me mad!

358.gif

Phildate said:
Thanks!! This has been driving me mad!

I Remember this problem..... I also remember seeing a zillion posts on it and finally (when I couldn't get the answer) finding it on Nikon's own forum. As lovely as they are, Nikon should have been shot for this one..... ;)

D2X eh? lucky person. Oh and save youself some time..ignore the Nikon 4.2 or whatever... I tried it over and over, thinking it must offer something.... well nothing that isn't already in Thomas Knoll's excellent Camera Raw or PS CS Itself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.