Help with program removal ..

liquidhouse

Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
hi, I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this, but I really need some help to remove this.. I went to some movie website to download this software that is supposed to let me view the movies, but now, apparently, my Internet Explorer 8 has become haywire, as you can see from the screen shots I have attached here. Every time I open the browser, their default page comes up. I can't read the Chinese text as well.

What I've tried:

- looking to 'Remove Programs' but it doesn't seem to be there
- Looking for the program itself to uninstall but can't

My systerm works on:
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 8

It doesn't affect my Mozilla Firefox though. Please help! Thanks all!

Here is a screenshot: http://www.ingsray.com/Help.jpg

I have tried program removal such as CCCleaner and AML to no avail.

Thanks very much!

Perhaps it will help if you remove Exlorer and re install it again from the microsoft site?

HS

hi HongSien

Yes, i did that already.. it doesn't help.. :(

Have u tried to boot from safe mode before running the program?

All else fails, a system reformat is your best solution.

remove your hard drive and slave it as an external drive. mount to other laptop/desktop, remove the virus(es). you may still have a chance to save your personal data. i've seen this before. pm me if unsure.

cheers
papajanggo33

It may have written itself into your Registry.
I have removed such things before by cheeky software writers (good try but they failed).
You need to know how to edit your registry (Run Regedit) to remove the right things.

Last edited:
Try a system restore.

Hi

Kel77:
Have u tried to boot from safe mode before running the program?

All else fails, a system reformat is your best solution.
--> I actually just paid someone to reformat it for me before I stupidly go and install this thing... so ya..

papajanggo33:
remove your hard drive and slave it as an external drive. mount to other laptop/desktop, remove the virus(es). you may still have a chance to save your personal data. i've seen this before. pm me if unsure.

--> I'm not an IT/technical person, so I'm not sure what this means.. . do you mind explaining it so that I can do DIY?

ricohflex:
It may have written itself into your Registry.
I have removed such things before by cheeky software writers (good try but they failed).
You need to know hot to edit your registry to remove the right things.

--> I tried using registry cleaner, adaware but failed. .. and that thing doesn't exactly show that it is a 'program'... as I cannot find it using the uninstaller manager from my registry cleaner.. But then, I don't know how to edit my registry ... :(

Anyway, thank you guys.. if you have any more suggestions, pls let me know. :)

alternative solution, may or may not work in your case.

have you tried restoring your system to a date before you installed the program? if yes, but failed then no harm trying the method below.

1) go to control panel->system->system restore and turn it off (this stops the program from restoring itself)
2) go to start -> run -> msconfig, under the startup tab, search for any strange program (stop program from loading upon system startup)
3) go to your program files folder and delete any related folder

if all fails, google the program you installed and probably you can find someone with similar problems as you and maybe a solution as well.
But if you not IT savy, then easier to get someone else to help you with the problem. Sometimes, not knowing how it fix the problem would created a bigger problem at the end.

good luck.

Hi

papajanggo33:

--> I'm not an IT/technical person, so I'm not sure what this means.. . do you mind explaining it so that I can do DIY?

Anyway, thank you guys.. if you have any more suggestions, pls let me know. :)

pm me your contact number, i'll explain in details. better still, if necessary, i'll do it on site:)

Kel77, I have been having problems running Malwarebytes after installation.. I have tried downloading from two websites to no avail.. the program seems to be damaged or something.. as for FIX IE, I ran the program but no help.. :(

i'm not sure, but i am 100% positive that malwarebytes will be a way to solve your problem.

there was a time when every google search i did used a different search engine due to redirection. malwarebytes fixed it up pretty quickly.

Hi all

Thanks very much for all your help...

actually I was having a bit of trouble installing malwarebytes, but finally managed to install it after I found that there is some missing dll file. I did a scan using malwarebytes ... haa.. now the thing is gone..and my IE is working again.. but a little bit of leftover problem. My IE now looks like this:

http://www.ingsray.com/Help1.jpg

There is still this link in garbage (which is some Chinese weblink) that I can't get rid of.

Any suggestion?

Start->Control Panel->regional and language options->advance->

Select [Chinese PRC], and the Chinese text can be displayed instead of some garbage characters.

Restart the computer for the setting to take effect.

After the Chinese can be displayed, at least you can tell what you're dealing with.