Help with pop-up flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifehalo

Apr 19, 2005
Hi, I've been using Powershot S3 for a while now. I took many photos with the built-in flash but I hate the white-out or 'fake light' look on subjects that the build-in flash creates?

I read some posts and found that you need a diffuser for flash. But those diffusers are for external flashes. I'm wondering if there is any way I can use a diffuser on a pop-up flash like the one on the S3??

Also, if there is a need for a slave flash, how to attach the slave flash together with the camera? Or do I need to be holding both the camera and the slave flash?

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Actually, if you want a cheap home-made solution, try cutting a piece of A4 paper in that shape and stick on.

powershot can use slave flash? i thought this is dslr domain :think:

Actually, if you want a cheap home-made solution, try cutting a piece of A4 paper in that shape and stick on.

I tried normal paper, but it created a sort of a shadow instead. Do you think aluminium foil will work??

The idea is to diffuse not reflex.
Try a translusent sheet of plastic cut into the shape of the lumiquest.

thanks for the tips!

Not really. Someone from CS has done slave flash with a Canon A610 for macro shots before. :)

Wow. Thats news to me. The wonders of technology.

powershot can use slave flash? i thought this is dslr domain :think:
Can.. As long as you have got aperture control, you can use slave flash.

dun use the usual paper, use rice paper, or those OHP ones

use tissue paper.. mai hiam buay pai la. i cheapo.:p

i found that tissue paper works quite well. haha :D

give me a five man.. keke.. and it's cheap and disposable. and also can choose to have 1 ply 2 pl or 3 ply depending on your requirement. hehe ;p

dun use the usual paper, use rice paper, or those OHP ones

actually i found that using the lumiquest soft screen + paper to be the most effective. I could even take a picture of myself through a mirror with direct flash blasting without any unwanted flares, shadows etc...

actually i found that using the lumiquest soft screen + paper to be the most effective. I could even take a picture of myself through a mirror with direct flash blasting without any unwanted flares, shadows etc...

use soft screen why still need paper??? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.