Help with Nikon D70!~

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
Hello everyone. I am thinking what kind of lens I should get for normal friends shot, and close up shots? A friend recommended Marco lens. But I don't know where to get them, anyone knows where to get them at a cheaper rate? I don't mind taking second hand lens.let the postings begin! Thanks.

Hello everyone. I am thinking what kind of lens I should get for normal friends shot, and close up shots? A friend recommended Marco lens. But I don't know where to get them, anyone knows where to get them at a cheaper rate? I don't mind taking second hand lens.let the postings begin! Thanks.

You don't need a macro lens for normal shots of your friends, unless you are only taking his pimple:bsmilie: Do you have a kit lens with your D70? You can just use that.

well a simple af-d 50mm can do the job =D

well a simple af-d 50mm can do the job =D

Might be too tight. Maybe the 35mm f1.8 But i recommend the kit lens though (18-55). Able to take minimum macro, wide angle to mid range zoom.

You don't need a macro lens for normal shots of your friends, unless you are only taking his pimple:bsmilie: Do you have a kit lens with your D70? You can just use that.

I will be using more of closeup shots rather :) any to recommend?

Might be too tight. Maybe the 35mm f1.8 But i recommend the kit lens though (18-55). Able to take minimum macro, wide angle to mid range zoom.

Any direct link to the website selling?

Do you mean you wanna do close up shots of your friend's faces etc?? I think even the 18-70mm kit lens can do it. :)

Because the 18-70mm lens I am having now is rather laggy. So thinking of changing into another one. Would like macro shots. So was thinking if macro lenses can be use fir normal photo taking as well right?

Because the 18-70mm lens I am having now is rather laggy. So thinking of changing into another one. Would like macro shots. So was thinking if macro lenses can be use fir normal photo taking as well right?

Laggy in what sense?? Does not perform well under low-light?
I've used the D70 with kit lens (borrowed from a kind friend) in a dinner/live performance place, I think it did okay :p

What is your "macro shot" refering to? Bugs? text? Or you want to take your friend's pimple like Spree86 said? :bsmilie:

If you really insist on macro/micro lenses but not compromising your main objective (friend shots, maybe not so tight?) you might want to consider the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G. Still quite tight though, wouldn't recommend it.

I feel that the 35mm f1.8 really suits your needs. It's fast and wide (both ways) enough.

Last edited:
Laggy in what sense?? Does not perform well under low-light?
I've used the D70 with kit lens (borrowed from a kind friend) in a dinner/live performance place, I think it did okay :p
Laggy in the sense that when it is autofocusing, it takes some time to kick in, means I have to wait for sometime before the lens respond.

Laggy in the sense that when it is autofocusing, it takes some time to kick in, means I have to wait for sometime before the lens respond.

Really??? Okay.. Maybe I didn't notice.. :/

and like what Sgdevilzz said, if you insist on a macro lens, then go ahead, but group shots might be tight :x

And yes 35mm f1.8 is a pretty good little lens. I loaned it from my friend for a try on the D70. It's light and nice to use :)

I will be using more of closeup shots rather :) any to recommend?

How close is close? Using a 1:1 macro lens is way too close:bsmilie: I'm sure your kit lens will do fine, don't worry about the autofocus since your friend would be posing. No need for fast AF speed

How close is close? Using a 1:1 macro lens is way too close:bsmilie: I'm sure your kit lens will do fine, don't worry about the autofocus since your friend would be posing. No need for fast AF speed

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But even for kids running around, I managed to catch them using the Kit lens. :bsmilie:

awesomesther said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But even for kids running around, I managed to catch them using the Kit lens. :bsmilie:

Depends on the lighting situations actually. If your camera is up to the job, GO iso! :)

Depends on the lighting situations actually. If your camera is up to the job, GO iso! :)

I just checked... The photos of those kids were taken with D70 + 18-70mm kit lens; mostly zoom to the 70mm end. ISO=400 ;)
Shoot around afternoon?

So, TS, depends on how/when you use & what you wanna shoot :)

What is your "macro shot" refering to? Bugs? text? Or you want to take your friend's pimple like Spree86 said? :bsmilie:

If you really insist on macro/micro lenses but not compromising your main objective (friend shots, maybe not so tight?) you might want to consider the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G. Still quite tight though, wouldn't recommend it.

I feel that the 35mm f1.8 really suits your needs. It's fast and wide (both ways) enough.

Hmm it is actually referring to bugs and small insects. Not pimple :bsmilie: Maybe his blackhead? :sweat: What do you mean by tight? Means if I use it to take group shot, it will be cramp? Or what? Sorry newbie here :confused:

Really??? Okay.. Maybe I didn't notice.. :/

and like what Sgdevilzz said, if you insist on a macro lens, then go ahead, but group shots might be tight :x

And yes 35mm f1.8 is a pretty good little lens. I loaned it from my friend for a try on the D70. It's light and nice to use :)

Yeah it's very lag for my lens. Takes about 1 minute before the AF comes kicking in :what: And it gets really irritating at times :bsmilie:

Yeah that close! Like bugs shot! ;p It takes about 1 minute for every picture to be taken due to the laggy lens. :sweat: