Help with Nikon D70!~

Hahaha I see. Alright thanks! Then what kind of lens will be suitable for normal shots, like some landscape and portrait?

You won't like the the answer but here it comes: kit lens :bsmilie:

TS, please dont jump into lenses first, you said you got the black box problem which I also don't get it. You mean when you press half way (AF) the whole viewfinder turned black?

One of the cheapest will be the Tamron 90mm if you insist on getting a macro lens. Can get for around $450 2nd hand

but new grey set cost $500 +/-? hmm better? haha

New sets now cost around $540. 2nd hand depends on your luck and how quick you are, I have a friend who got it for $380.

i saw at artwork.. $500..... mostly i see all very ex.. as in 2nd hand price,,,

luckyorange said:
i saw at artwork.. $500..... mostly i see all very ex.. as in 2nd hand price,,,

Artworkfoto sells grey sets, for the $40 price difference, I would rather get one with local warranty. Some more grey set only have one a year shop warranty while local sets get 3 years

Artworkfoto sells grey sets, for the $40 price difference, I would rather get one with local warranty. Some more grey set only have one a year shop warranty while local sets get 3 years

oooooh! your talking about local.. tot grey.. hahaha psps..

i dont really know the price for local =x

Yeah something like it. Either one of the box will be blacken during AF.

hahaha sounds complicated :)

You buy one of us kopi, we meet up and try to figure out what the heck is going on.
Intrigued to see the symptoms.
If really technical problem then LL have to spend some $$ to get it rectified.

hahaha sounds complicated :)

You buy one of us kopi, we meet up and try to figure out what the heck is going on.
Intrigued to see the symptoms.
If really technical problem then LL have to spend some $$ to get it rectified.

HAHAHA a bit hard to explain it here thou. The seller told me is the laggy lens. He is honest :D But manual focus won't have the same problem. Only for AF

TS, please dont jump into lenses first, you said you got the black box problem which I also don't get it. You mean when you press half way (AF) the whole viewfinder turned black?

I also can't take video to show you.:bsmilie:

Only kit lens recommended?

Csboi said:
Hmm not too expensive ba. Any to take landscape? Still a student here.

You choose the equipment to enable you to get the shot that you want.

Don't start thinking "landscape = ______ lens" and so on.
I've seen REALLY nice photos taken with kit lens, so what's the problem? ;)

Do you have a good and solid tripod?

Good lens doesn't make a mediocre photographer look good.
Good photographer makes a mediocre lens look good.

Look into upgrading your skills before buying lens.

Csboi said:

Since you don't have the budget, use what you have now. Why are you so against the kit lens?

spree86 said:
Since you don't have the budget, use what you have now. Why are you so against the kit lens?

Because it's a "kit" lens! Alot of people stereotype kit lenses are the lowest grade of lenses. That is why.

But that is not true, just go flickr and type kit lens search, you'll see amazing pictures.

TS, you say you want friend shots then you want macro then you want landscape, so which exactly you want? You can't just choose a landscape lens and hoping to do macro and friend shots. The kit lens is what suit you most since you don't know what you want to shoot yet.

Kit lens doesn't necessary means 18-55, you can choose 18-105, 18-135, 18-70, 18-200. If you really really against kit lenses and you're on a budget then just get a 35mm f1.8.

/Edit/

When you bought your d70, it came with a 18-70 kit lens right? I think it's fair to say that you should give yourself some time, say 1 month or whatever you think is a sufficient time period.

Go out, just shoot whatever you want. Your friends, landscape, butterflies, whatever.... Then you go home and look through your photos, then ask yourself, Good enough? No? Okay... Repeat... Go out and try again... Don't stay on Auto. Try to take control of the settings. (Of course, U need to read on how to adjust these and what they affect... blahblah..)

Keep trying till you know what you want then you can consider the next lens :) Perhaps by then, you will know what exactly you wanna shoot... ;)

Last edited:
My kit lens is damaged :(