Help with Nikon Capture 4.0 bought at alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

albon

Feb 3, 2005
Jurong West
Hi

Can any1 help? I bought Nikon Capture 4.0 from alan photo yesterday. when i went back, i noticed it was europe version. I installed it and it is unable to open nef format photo that i took with my D70. I went to the asia website to try download the 4.2.0 capture software updater. After installing it, it asked me for product key (in numbers!!). I then checked the product key inside the software box and noticed all were in alphabets!! When i try to surf the europe website to get the relevant software updater, they said the activation product key from former version like 4.0 (which i bought) cannot allow unlimited usage (i.e. this updater only can last 30 days). Should I return the product to Alan photo and request for refund? Please advise。 thanks

Elson

Since you bought it yesterday you better contact AP for clarification.. hope they will refund or change another version for u. good luck bro.. ;)

albon said:
Hi

Can any1 help? I bought Nikon Capture 4.0 from alan photo yesterday. when i went back, i noticed it was europe version. I installed it and it is unable to open nef format photo that i took with my D70. I went to the asia website to try download the 4.2.0 capture software updater. After installing it, it asked me for product key (in numbers!!). I then checked the product key inside the software box and noticed all were in alphabets!! When i try to surf the europe website to get the relevant software updater, they said the activation product key from former version like 4.0 (which i bought) cannot allow unlimited usage (i.e. this updater only can last 30 days). Should I return the product to Alan photo and request for refund? Please advise。 thanks

Elson

From what you have accounted, you have enough reasons to bring the softare back to Alan's for an exchange to a Asia version if possible. Problem with some software developers who control how their software is distributed in various region of the world, owning one that does not relate to the country you using it in will be more troublsome then the cheaper price you might get. It can make the difference like when you buy a lens with a local warranty as oppose to a "grey" lens which might have a cheaper price advantage. If nothing goes wrong, everything is fine but if something happens then that's where you see all the little problems starts to show itself.

Return it to Alan and ask for an explanation as to why they sell an European version ( if you did not know at the time you bought it) and if they claim this version still works when used in any parts of the world, ask them how come you can not get it to load NEF files.

Just uninstall Capture 4.2, reinstall Capture 4.0, register the product with your serial before updating to Capture 4.2.

linse said:
Just uninstall Capture 4.2, reinstall Capture 4.0, register the product with your serial before updating to Capture 4.2.

Hmm..technically...it might work.

But if someone has paid $xxx amt to BUY a LICENSED copy of Nikon Capture.

I would think that guy deserve a better service/product

Go back to AP, explain it to them and get them to exchange it with the Nikon dealer guy when he comes ard there for kopi.

The current copies are 4.1.3 versions, do go back and check it out with AP regarding the problem.

Try installing your 4.1.x, then upgrade to 4.2. I had no problems with mine.

albon said:
Hi

Elson

Hi! Elson,

I'm not an expert with Nikon capture 4, but maybe you'll need to understand that version 4.0 is developed before D70 hits the market so for the D70 probably will need version 4.1.. capture 4.2 is the latest in the series with added features for the new D2x...
The version you have, may i say is 2 generation from the latest version 4.2, what you may need to do, is upgrade to the 4.1 version first and then to the latest version of 4.2 if required.

for more detailed information, you can refer to the following URL:

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bi..._prod_lvl1=42&p_prod_lvl2=45&p_cat_lvl1=~any~

Hope I did not add to any troubles that you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.