help with my pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
think i cross the minimum focusing distance.....sign...:cry: .... ... no money to get a better cam now....

Jer76

Apr 21, 2002
West
it's not the cam la bro.. u too near the branch.. like wad maddog said take a step back and it will turn out nicely :)

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
jlpk007 :kok:

How dare you give up, keep shooting! :) Practice makes perfect.

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
Originally posted by espn
jlpk007 :kok:

How dare you give up, keep shooting! :) Practice makes perfect.
ouch ouch...that hurts:eek: ........ok...but i just wanna have a big pic of the ants....regarding the closeup filter...it is out.cause my cam is panasonic lc20...so i doubt there is any for it.....

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
before u start thinking its your equipment's fault and that you should upgrade, consider the following possibilities:

1) From the pic, it may be that you crossed the MFD, or it may be that the camera just chose to focus on the background! The ants and pipe occupy a small portion of the bottom half of the frame, and the background occupies pretty much the rest of the frame. There is a high possibility that the AF system chose to focus on the very contrasty background instead. Use the LCD to shoot next time, and affirm focus using half-shutter before pressing the shutter fully.

2) your camera does not allow attachment of filters, but don't let that stop you! Get a closeup filter, and hand-hold it in front of the lens of your camera. Your camera is light enough for one-hand operation. Megaweb handheld the 250D with the C-750UZ and made heavenly macros.

in fact, you can even use magnifying glass, a reversed 50mm lens, etc etc, to let u have more magnification. People have done that with good results.

Don't give up, keep trying!

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
Originally posted by Tweek
before u start thinking its your equipment's fault and that you should upgrade, consider the following possibilities:

1) From the pic, it may be that you crossed the MFD, or it may be that the camera just chose to focus on the background! The ants and pipe occupy a small portion of the bottom half of the frame, and the background occupies pretty much the rest of the frame. There is a high possibility that the AF system chose to focus on the very contrasty background instead. Use the LCD to shoot next time, and affirm focus using half-shutter before pressing the shutter fully.

2) your camera does not allow attachment of filters, but don't let that stop you! Get a closeup filter, and hand-hold it in front of the lens of your camera. Your camera is light enough for one-hand operation. Megaweb handheld the 250D with the C-750UZ and made heavenly macros.

in fact, you can even use magnifying glass, a reversed 50mm lens, etc etc, to let u have more magnification. People have done that with good results.

Don't give up, keep trying!
i can get a closeup filter ? ..magnifying glass??that is the first time i heard of using it....gotta do some very steady act to hold both of them ....Thanks....:bwhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom