Help with Muvo 2


Status
Not open for further replies.

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#1
Ok i took the plunge and got myself a Muvo 2 mp3 player and ripped out the MD for my camera. But now it refuses to work with my type I CF cards. Tried with a Ridata and also a Sandisk but still getting 'Media Error' when i turn the Muvo on. I did upgrade the firmware to the latest one before i ripped it out. Can anyone advice?

Thank you.
 

A70

New Member
May 2, 2003
42
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#3
Read somewhere in other threads here that you need to remove the partition on the CF card. Then when you plug in you will need to do the recovery procedure, something like press and hold the "play" button, then you can use the firmware loader to load the firmware in.

P.S.: I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong. Just relaying some of the information I read. I don't own a Muvo2.
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#4
Still cannot. Keep getting the Media Error thingy when i try to reload the Firmware. And when connected to my PC, it refuses to detect the Muvo....:(
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#5
Klipsch said:
Still cannot. Keep getting the Media Error thingy when i try to reload the Firmware. And when connected to my PC, it refuses to detect the Muvo....:(
i read somewhere in clubsnap that the player only recognise microdrive 1Gb or larger. :dunno:
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#6
Drudkh said:
i read somewhere in clubsnap that the player only recognise microdrive 1Gb or larger. :dunno:
No there are people who got theirs to work with solid state CFs too.
 

chriszzz

New Member
Jan 17, 2003
633
0
0
Visit site
#7
Klipsch said:
No there are people who got theirs to work with solid state CFs too.
Yes, but its extremely fussy about which brands/types of flash CFs it accepts. So I wouldn't count on it to work with your CF card.
 

laokayu

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2002
912
0
16
Visit site
#8
Klipsch said:
Ok i took the plunge and got myself a Muvo 2 mp3 player and ripped out the MD for my camera. But now it refuses to work with my type I CF cards. Tried with a Ridata and also a Sandisk but still getting 'Media Error' when i turn the Muvo on. I did upgrade the firmware to the latest one before i ripped it out. Can anyone advice?

Thank you.
What are the capacities of the CF's that you tried on the MuVo2? Speed?
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#9
laokayu said:
What are the capacities of the CF's that you tried on the MuVo2? Speed?
Tried it with 2 old cards. Speed i am not very sure. One is a Ridata and the other a Sandisk. Both 128mb.

After inserting the cards and powering up, it sends me straight into the Recovery Menu. After which none of the six functions work. All i get is Media Error when i try to format, reload firmware etc. So sad...
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#10
And whats worse is when connected to my PC, it doesnt even recognise the Muvo anymore. Else can flash the firmware again.

And yes i did upgrade to the latest firmware before i took out the 4GB.
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#11
Or anyone has the image of the original 4GB MD and wont mind sending to me? Thanks.
 

laokayu

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2002
912
0
16
Visit site
#12
Klipsch said:
Tried it with 2 old cards. Speed i am not very sure. One is a Ridata and the other a Sandisk. Both 128mb.

After inserting the cards and powering up, it sends me straight into the Recovery Menu. After which none of the six functions work. All i get is Media Error when i try to format, reload firmware etc. So sad...
The MuVo likes the Sandisk more than most other brands. Also, I have got it to work only with 256MB and above.

And you can get the original Sandisk 256MB at <S$100.
 

Dino

New Member
May 23, 2002
175
0
0
Visit site
#13
hi bro...like laokayu said...muvo like sandisk more than other brands...just make sure that the firmware u used is the latest from Europe though...do a search on webby and u can find it...

:bsmilie:
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#14
Hey guys thanks for your advices.Ok will go out and get a 256mb Sandisk. And yes Dino, my firmware is the latest one from Creative.
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#15
Ok plugged in a 256MB Sandisk and its all good now. Thanks again to all who replied.
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#17
Klipsch said:
Ok plugged in a 256MB Sandisk and its all good now. Thanks again to all who replied.
hi bro, where and how much did u get your Sandisk 256MB? I also need to get one and work with my Muvo shell. All my other cards (ridata, transend, and 340 MD) cannot work with it. sigh...
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#18
could you share what to do to make the sandisk work? Is loading the new firmware in before pulling out the microdrive?
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#19
tomshen said:
hi bro, where and how much did u get your Sandisk 256MB? I also need to get one and work with my Muvo shell. All my other cards (ridata, transend, and 340 MD) cannot work with it. sigh...
Got mine at $85 from one of the sim lim shops on 4th floor. Didnt notice what the shop name was though. Sorry mate. And good luck with it! :)
 

Klipsch

New Member
Oct 20, 2002
306
0
0
Visit site
#20
mpenza said:
could you share what to do to make the sandisk work? Is loading the new firmware in before pulling out the microdrive?
Yeah i uploaded the latest firmware and then extracted the MD. Then put this one in, formatted and reloaded the firmware and voila.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom