help with manual lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

polantics

Jun 15, 2007
s804.photobucket.com
hi guys. i just recently tried my newly acquisitioned SMC 50mm M F2.0. Everything is good except that it seems that using the ae-l function on my K100D always seems to underexpose my shots by 1 stop. And that i can't change to any of my 11-point focus points for my spot metering at all, they seem to be stuck at the central spot. anyone with solutions? thanks.

hi guys. i just recently tried my newly acquisitioned SMC 50mm M F2.0. Everything is good except that it seems that using the ae-l function on my K100D always seems to underexpose my shots by 1 stop. And that i can't change to any of my 11-point focus points for my spot metering at all, they seem to be stuck at the central spot. anyone with solutions? thanks.

I don't use AE-L, only green button. Likewise, each of my manual lenses give different exposure values, so I learn to understand each lenses quirk and compensate accordingly.

As far as I know, manual lenses only function in center and spot metering mode. Multi focus points are for AF lenses only.

Just in case...the AE-L reading only works properly in "M" mode, if u are in Av mode, it usually underexposes.

I don't use AE-L, only green button. Likewise, each of my manual lenses give different exposure values, so I learn to understand each lenses quirk and compensate accordingly.

As far as I know, manual lenses only function in center and spot metering mode. Multi focus points are for AF lenses only.

oh, mine is K100d so its ae-l. huh? only centre? haha. thanks alot man. i'm still finding my way around the PENTAX manual lens world... KINDA IRRITATING LIKE THESE since i'm gonna be a bit impaired in my composition...but i like the lens though, pretty sharp.

oh, mine is K100d so its ae-l. huh? only centre? haha. thanks alot man. i'm still finding my way around the PENTAX manual lens world... KINDA IRRITATING LIKE THESE since i'm gonna be a bit impaired in my composition...but i like the lens though, pretty sharp.

You probably need to get used to the technique of choosing something to AE on, pointing the center point at it, then press AE-L, recompose and shoot.

You should confirm that stop down metering is working with the AE-L button.. you should hear the aperture blades close and open when you press the button.

K100D only has AE-L which functions the same as Green Button for getting the exposure. Use in M exposure mode. I used to just remember that manual lenses tend to underexpose and adjust the shutter speed accordingly. Later I found that I can just set exposure compensation to +1 and when the exposure is checked via AE-L, it is taken into consideration as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.