Help with iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq12345

Nov 19, 2006
Hello everyone,

Yesterday, my computer was lagging, so i defragmented it. Now my iTunes can't work, and this pops up (see below). Now i can't load things into my iPod :( Anyone knows what to do? Thanks a million~

tell microsoft about the problem lah. do what it tells you to do. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

tell microsoft about the problem lah. do what it tells you to do. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha:bsmilie: but...i've alerted them 3 times

uninstall. reboot. go into c:. delete itunes folder. reboot. install itunes.

haha:bsmilie: but...i've alerted them 3 times

No use. When you send that report to MS, they actually log it to a database. Then a piece of software will run through all the reports from all over the world. After analyzing, they will tell the application developer (in this case apple) what's the error in their software (if they can pinpoint it) and its up to applications to fix it. So even if apple fixed the code, you'll have to redownload the new version.

You should uninstall and re-install instead of doing a repair.

No use. When you send that report to MS, they actually log it to a database. Then a piece of software will run through all the reports from all over the world. After analyzing, they will tell the application developer (in this case apple) what's the error in their software (if they can pinpoint it) and its up to applications to fix it. So even if apple fixed the code, you'll have to redownload the new version.

:bigeyes:

Sigh...i've uninstall it and re-install, but still no use. Anyone knows?

how about changing the player instead. :p

iRiver or iAudio? no special s/w needed to upload music. :bsmilie:

how about changing the player instead. :p

iRiver or iAudio? no special s/w needed to upload music. :bsmilie:

Hope so...but i've just bought it not long ago, so abit sian...:cry:

Sorry, just did a google and seems that a lot of pple are facing problems with iTunes can't revert to old version. Guess you'll have to contact apple to see if they have a fix.

Sorry, just did a google and seems that a lot of pple are facing problems with iTunes can't revert to old version. Guess you'll have to contact apple to see if they have a fix.
i see...thanks anyway

As much as I love iTunes on my Mac, for windows users there are usually other more prominent choice. There's a program called foobar which I've heard the sound quality is better than most players. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can try this.

Look for the iTunes preference file and delete it. Then launch iTunes.

The file should be in a hidden folder, under you account in Documents and Settings.

Not sure if it will work, but I guess its worth the try.. :embrass:

hmm... sounds like ur windows registry got problems... y dun u go into the windows registry and delete off all iTunes entries manually, after tat go into windows explorer and delete off the iTunes folder, reboot ur PC, download the latest version of iTunes and reinstall...

Are you using window Vista?

Hope these helps
Go to Folder Option --> Turn ON View Hidden files and Delete the respective iTune folders. Do a search in your computer and Delete whatever iTune files that might be located somewhere else. Re-installed your iTune and tried it out.

If it still fail, repeat the above steps but this time install another version of iTune maybe an older version. Sometimes will solve this problem. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.