Help with editing photo

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to remove the 2 halo spots on the left side of the marina bay sand in the photo using photoshop? Tried using the heal brush but just dont look natural. Any other ways?

DSC_1412-1.jpg

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/newbrood21/?action=view&current=DSC_1412-1.jpg

[Moderator's note: I've edited the picture posting for you. Pls click "edit" and see how it is done properly]

Last edited:
sorry.... another problem, i cant upload my problem.

Bro, that halo seems to be ghosting.... (i think prob due to your filters, next time try removing it). Meanwhile, to fix this problem, have you tried Clone brush instead of healing brush (since it's part of a clear sky, shouldn't take too much time *i think...*)?

Bro, that halo seems to be ghosting.... (i think prob due to your filters, next time try removing it). Meanwhile, to fix this problem, have you tried Clone brush instead of healing brush (since it's part of a clear sky, shouldn't take too much time *i think...*)?

yeah I think ghosting is the more appropriate term... :what:
The sky is not totally black though, so cloning might be tough.

some ghosting from that greenish light at the bottom frame perhaps? u can clone it in photoshop easily and perhaps try to shoot without a filter next time.

Thanks guys for all the help. Aprreciated. :)

Yes UV filter is on. So to say i must remove it for night shoot? Sorry i'm a newbie in newbie corner.

I would say that it's advisable to remove the UV filter to minimize the possibility of this ghosting occuring.

Have tried clone and heal, copy paste a portion of the sky in, all these just cant blend inside.

I would say that it's advisable to remove the UV filter to minimize the possibility of this ghosting occuring.

Thanks ZerocoolAstra, will remember that :)

Yes UV filter is on. So to say i must remove it for night shoot? Sorry i'm a newbie in newbie corner.

Ghosts doesn't necessarily appear on all night shoots, just need to be alittle careful when you are using it. (there are many long ongoing debates on using UV filters, so, dun ask if you want to keep the filter on or off...)

So the next time if you see the ghost, try to remove the filter and try again. As for remedy for this photo, need to seek advices from the masters....(I normally use clone brush and have yet to use healing brush before.....*will be trying it one day*)

Also, it is also better to review your photos at the time you shot it to prevent time spent on PP for such tasks...some mistakes are more expensive as you may never be able to capture that moment again.

just tried to edit using Gimp on my office PC. Looks fine when viewed normally.
I used clone tool first to get the colour closer to the surrounding area. Make sure to choose the correct reference spots. Can't use one source and clone all over the place.
After that use the healing tool to smoothen out the transition area.

to remove this two spots and the discoloration at the building wall with photoshop is no big thingz, just spend two minutes with patch tool and clone stamp tool will do.

ZerocoolAstra said:
just tried to edit using Gimp on my office PC. Looks fine when viewed normally.
I used clone tool first to get the colour closer to the surrounding area. Make sure to choose the correct reference spots. Can't use one source and clone all over the place.
After that use the healing tool to smoothen out the transition area.

Thanks ZerocoolAstra again for helping me in his office.... Haha thumbs up for u bro.

catchlights said:
to remove this two spots and the discoloration at the building wall with photoshop is no big thingz, just spend two minutes with patch tool and clone stamp tool will do.

Thanks catchlights