Help with editing photo

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to remove the 2 halo spots on the left side of the marina bay sand in the photo using photoshop? Tried using the heal brush but just dont look natural. Any other ways?

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/newbrood21/?action=view&current=DSC_1412-1.jpg

[Moderator's note: I've edited the picture posting for you. Pls click "edit" and see how it is done properly]

Last edited:

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
sorry.... another problem, i cant upload my problem.

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
Bro, that halo seems to be ghosting.... (i think prob due to your filters, next time try removing it). Meanwhile, to fix this problem, have you tried Clone brush instead of healing brush (since it's part of a clear sky, shouldn't take too much time *i think...*)?

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Bro, that halo seems to be ghosting.... (i think prob due to your filters, next time try removing it). Meanwhile, to fix this problem, have you tried Clone brush instead of healing brush (since it's part of a clear sky, shouldn't take too much time *i think...*)?
yeah I think ghosting is the more appropriate term... :what:
The sky is not totally black though, so cloning might be tough.

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011

Akatsuki

Mar 2, 2008
Serangoon
www.alanang.smugmug.com
some ghosting from that greenish light at the bottom frame perhaps? u can clone it in photoshop easily and perhaps try to shoot without a filter next time.

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
Thanks guys for all the help. Aprreciated. :)

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
Have tried clone and heal, copy paste a portion of the sky in, all these just cant blend inside.

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
Yes UV filter is on. So to say i must remove it for night shoot? Sorry i'm a newbie in newbie corner.
Ghosts doesn't necessarily appear on all night shoots, just need to be alittle careful when you are using it. (there are many long ongoing debates on using UV filters, so, dun ask if you want to keep the filter on or off...)

So the next time if you see the ghost, try to remove the filter and try again. As for remedy for this photo, need to seek advices from the masters....(I normally use clone brush and have yet to use healing brush before.....*will be trying it one day*)

Also, it is also better to review your photos at the time you shot it to prevent time spent on PP for such tasks...some mistakes are more expensive as you may never be able to capture that moment again.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
just tried to edit using Gimp on my office PC. Looks fine when viewed normally.
I used clone tool first to get the colour closer to the surrounding area. Make sure to choose the correct reference spots. Can't use one source and clone all over the place.
After that use the healing tool to smoothen out the transition area.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
to remove this two spots and the discoloration at the building wall with photoshop is no big thingz, just spend two minutes with patch tool and clone stamp tool will do.

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
ZerocoolAstra said:
just tried to edit using Gimp on my office PC. Looks fine when viewed normally.
I used clone tool first to get the colour closer to the surrounding area. Make sure to choose the correct reference spots. Can't use one source and clone all over the place.
After that use the healing tool to smoothen out the transition area.
Thanks ZerocoolAstra again for helping me in his office.... Haha thumbs up for u bro.

newbrood

Deregistered
Feb 23, 2011
catchlights said:
to remove this two spots and the discoloration at the building wall with photoshop is no big thingz, just spend two minutes with patch tool and clone stamp tool will do.
Thanks catchlights

Top Bottom