help with dry cabinet size

chly3001

Apr 11, 2010
Admiralty
hi all, im thinking of upgrading my dry cabinet size because i'm getting too much gear and some have to be stored outside the dry cabinet (film stuff mostly) but i'd like to have everything inside my dry cabinet. my current dry cabinet.. well let's say i made full use of all the space inside. i have measured the space for a new dry cab and i conclude i can go max 80L (height of the space is 72cm) would appreciate if anyone could recommend whether i should get 50l/60l or 80l. probably will be looking at digitally controlled unless price difference is very big

my current dry cabinet contents are more or less as follows: (it is a 30L Digi-Cabi DB-036)

bottom shelf:
D7000 with grip
D90 with grip
D3000
Rokinon 8.5mm F3.5
R-strap (RS-4)

top shelf:
tamron 28-75 f2.8
olympus 14-42mm (reverse mount for macro purporses)
18-55mm kit lens
70-200mm vr1
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
tamron 17-50mm f2.8
tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3
sigma 30mm F1.4 HSM

currently the lenses are stacked on top of one another (if not would be physically impossible to put them inside) if possible i'd like to prevent that in the new dry cab too :)

would appreciate any comments on this! thank you :)

Go for as big as your house or your wife can accommodate. I have 3 dry boxes and each is ~90-100L.

I have only about half your lenses (in terms of volume) and 1 body less,...my 80L is already 80% tight. You may seriously consider a 100L at least.

Just last week i ordered 60L digi dry cabinet for 188$ including home delivery. you can try this.
keep ur old one and buy another one. Atleast you need two cabinets :) for ur stuffs.

Arun D said:
Just last week i ordered 60L digi dry cabinet for 188$ including home delivery. you can try this.
keep ur old one and buy another one. Atleast you need two cabinets :) for ur stuffs.

That's a good price.. I got the 30l m serials at $120 already

Arun D said:

Hi

Can assist to order for me or recommend the seller to me?

Thank you

HI,

I ordered from Funan challenger. I called Digi-cab directly, they told me the price is $198. But in challenger it is 188.
And free home delivery.

You have quite alot of stuff according to what u post. Just get the biggest cabinet you can afford. They deserve a better "home"
I think at least 80-100L will be great. If not you can split them. maybe get 2 60L also ok.

HI,

I ordered from Funan challenger. I called Digi-cab directly, they told me the price is $198. But in challenger it is 188.
And free home delivery.
usually Agent will sell much higher to customers,

the reason is very simply, if agent is selling cheaper than dealers, they will be the only one in Singapore selling their cabinets.

so it make sense to price it higher to walk in customers and let all the dealers do the selling for them.

split out the cost over 5 years, it is still consider a good investment for a larger size cabinet,
moreover you may double or triple your gears in 5 years time.

In the mid 90s when dry cabbies were a new thing, I paid $600 for a 60L toshiba unit.

Now at a fraction of the price they used to be, just get as big or as many as you can. In humid Singapore, besides cameras and lenses and other optical equipment, you can put other things in there too, like video tapes, precious old negatives and slides, or your antique books or stamp collection. :)

Actually, after upsizing my dry cab, I've actually included back up DVDs and other disc in it as well....

...... as for the smaller one that I've moved from, I stored tea leaves, dried mushrooms, black fungus, and other dried food stuff.....:embrass: