Help with CS III and SCSI, ASPI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum

Jun 29, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys... need help setting up my CSIII...
Here is the story...
SCSI card: LSI Symbios card, but driver aspi driver is only till Win2000 only, I use XP. Their website got no update for XP!!:angry: When everything is connected and i start NikonScan, error message is "No device detected".

I then downloaded an Adaptec v4.70 aspi, which is compatible with WINXP. Then when i connect everything and start Nikonscan, no more error message.
Then i load slide and try pre-scan. Nikonscan would load a scanpage and the CSIII LED blinks and can hear the whezzing noise. After 20sec, nikonscan shows error message "Scanner is probably OFF"
:cry:

can anyone help?
Is this a problem with the aspi??

huh? what termination plug?
u mean the termination on/off switch? it is on "on" position as it is the only SCSI device in the chain.

Can change your SCSI card? Why you get that SCSI card in the first place? Is that the card that comes with HP scanners? Adaptec is more reliable.

terminator I think...
cos ur case sounds like signal prob...

Originally posted by denizenx
terminator I think...
cos ur case sounds like signal prob...

ermm.... can elaborate more?

Originally posted by eug
Can change your SCSI card? Why you get that SCSI card in the first place? Is that the card that comes with HP scanners? Adaptec is more reliable.

erm.. the nikon CSIII only has SCSI interface lor...
i didn't think the other brands are so problematic leh... sigh...

SCSI terminator is a hardware that you need to buy to plug in onto the scanner. The manual should have the details. RTFM!

Actually, I feel it is driver problem. Have you checked control panel to see if the SCSI card is recognised and working properly?

hi all,

the problem was solved last night at 0200hr....
the main culprit was the aspi layer. i had to use an older Adaptec version, v4.60, to interface with my SCSI driver.

thanks to all those who helped! cheers :)

beachbum said:
Hi guys... need help setting up my CSIII...
Here is the story...
SCSI card: LSI Symbios card, but driver aspi driver is only till Win2000 only, I use XP. Their website got no update for XP!!:angry: When everything is connected and i start NikonScan, error message is "No device detected".

I then downloaded an Adaptec v4.70 aspi, which is compatible with WINXP. Then when i connect everything and start Nikonscan, no more error message.
Then i load slide and try pre-scan. Nikonscan would load a scanpage and the CSIII LED blinks and can hear the whezzing noise. After 20sec, nikonscan shows error message "Scanner is probably OFF"
:cry:

can anyone help?
Is this a problem with the aspi??
has this been solved? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.