Help with aspect ratio of EP-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeweelee80

Sep 9, 2006
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Dear all,

I need help! when i change my aspect ration from 4:3 to 3:2, it seem the camera zoom in digitally making my 14mm become more than 20mm. example, when in 4:3 ratio, i can take 3 person nicely at 14mm, but when change to 3:2, it can only fit in 2 person and there is no change in distance at all? Can anyone help Please??? Thank you.

Never heard that happen, it just crops and doesn't zoom in, have you checked with the manual whether you're changing aspect ratio right?

Oh no, because mine really zoom in, did a compare with ep1 and omd, only ep3 zoom in. Thanks spidey. I have wrote to customer support Olympus also. I will share when they reply.

Can you show 2 sample shots of 4:3 and 3:2 of the same object, focal length and distance ?

Could be the digital teleconverter feature in play, check the manual

Thanks you all, I will try again. But just loan friend the cam can't try. Will update both very helpful moderator once I get it. But I try reset the camera setting also but no use. Haiz

Thanks you all, I will try again. But just loan friend the cam can't try. Will update both very helpful moderator once I get it. But I try reset the camera setting also but no use. Haiz

I just took out my EP3 set and made the adjustment. There seem no magnification. I suspect the digital teleconverter is playing trick (which you can set using the buttons). It is best that you show us your photo so that we can have a look.

I just took out my EP3 set and made the adjustment. There seem no magnification. I suspect the digital teleconverter is playing trick (which you can set using the buttons). It is best that you show us your photo so that we can have a look.

Doesn't digital teleconverter affect both aspect ratios?

Doesn't digital teleconverter affect both aspect ratios?

Sorry if I am not clear. I mean to say that when I adjusted the aspect ratio; there was no magnification. My impression was that when TS adjusted the ratio, there was a "zoom" or magnification effect (from 14mm to 20mm). The teleconveter should not affect the aspect ratio but gives the "zoom" effect - double to be exact. (should it be) Make your setting to shot raw and then use the teleconverter and when you view you know what I am trying to say.

Thank you everybody for the great help. My friend return my camera with problems solve. might be due to the digital tele-converter. I shall close the thread. Thank you guys so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.