Help: Wide angle LCD distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wong1979

Aug 16, 2005
Hi folks, I need help regarding a new LCD I just bought.

LCD: Chimei CMV 221D (Resolution of 1680 X 1050) It's a 22" widescreen monitor
PC: A laptop with a 64Mb ATI Radeon 9200. It's a 15" widescreen laptop

Somehow, I managed to configure the new LCD to be the primary monitor. And so the laptop LCD is not being used. However, it seems that I can't set a resolution of 1680 X 1050. The max I could go is 1600 X 1200. The word prints look sharp at this resolution. However, all my pictures are being stretched horizontally. Even at other resolution such as 1200 X 800 or 1200 X 1024, the pictures is still distorted.

Now, what can I do to get a normal aspect ratio?

Thanks!

erm... most the resolution you mentioned are 4:3 format which is for normal screen... try looking at some of the resolution like 1280x768

The ratio of 1680 X 1050 is: 16:10 (really and odd ratio like 1280 x 800), while most lcd are 4:3 or 5:4.

see what are the choice available for the graphic card and try to fix as close as possible, may be update the video card driver will help :sweat:

nowadays got wide screen lcd already lah...

anyway, to solve the problem, you need to install the latest ATI driver, and also the monitor profile driver also should be in .inf inside the cd. and then u will be able to select the resolution size.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
nowadays got wide screen lcd already lah...

anyway, to solve the problem, you need to install the latest ATI driver, and also the monitor profile driver also should be in .inf inside the cd. and then u will be able to select the resolution size.
Most wide screen suppose to be 16:9 for movie, not sure why they all come out with the 16:10 ratio :sweat:

Thks for the info, I've looked thru the CD but it's only got the manual, no drivers whatsoever. Now, I'm downloading 50mb of stuffs, known as Catalyst from ATI. Don't know whether it'll help :dunno:

hi, I believed that the setting of the monitor display is defined in the monitor profile. The ATI drivers may not help much. Maybe you can try looking for INF in the monitor CD. If not try to search the internet for your monitor INF. Hope it helps.

PhotoTime said:
hi, I believed that the setting of the monitor display is defined in the monitor profile. The ATI drivers may not help much. Maybe you can try looking for INF in the monitor CD. If not try to search the internet for your monitor INF. Hope it helps.

thks, i tried look for a monitor driver but to no avail. then i found a tool called powerStrip that allows me to add any customized res setting as a new monitor profile. now i can select 1680 X 1050 from the display settings and force my gpu to render it.

Status
Not open for further replies.