Help, When do I need a dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaWayne

Apr 14, 2006
Hi guys, I'm new here.I just bought my DSLR 2 weeks ago and keeping inside the cambag in non air-con room. When is the date end to get the dry box? To get it ASAP? Need some advise, many thanks =)

Best Regard
Papawayne

PapaWayne said:
Hi guys, I'm new here.I just bought my DSLR 2 weeks ago and keeping inside the cambag in non air-con room. When is the date end to get the dry box? To get it ASAP? Need some advise, many thanks =)

Best Regard
Papawayne
ASAP especially in SG climate. Get worse when it rains.

asap! :) if cost is a concern, can get a portable dry box first. Saw one at BIG harbourfront store selling at $19.90. Tough and good with humidity meter. I got exactly the same at $29 :(

How can I read the humidity meter?

playhard said:
How can I read the humidity meter?
Buy digital one. Just like read temperature.

Buy DryCab ASAP. Learn by others mistake!!!

Regards,
Arto.

PapaWayne said:

Best Regard
Papawayne

Get one real soon....like tmrw if possible.

The longer you delay, the higher the possibility you have of a potential shitake farm.

The cheapest DSLR with lens is around 10 times more than what you would pay for a reasonable Drycab that goes for $100++.

Try Cathay for the electronic ones. If you want to shop around, there are alot of brands available.

yyD70S said:
Meaning ??? Sorry.

I mean how I know that the humidity inside the box is normal or over-humide.

playhard said:
I mean how I know that the humidity inside the box is normal or over-humide.

There's a little dial/digital to tell you the relative humidity in in the box.

Frijj said:
There's a little dial/digital to tell you the relative humidity in in the box.

then which range of these indications that my DC is ok?

thanks alot.

As all of the photogs have mentioned. Go get one ASAP.

I got one whilst waiting for my cam body to arrive and it was a good investment. At least I dun have to worry about the sillica get changing colour or when I need to dry the gel or buy new gel...

Even whilst using sillica gel, the possibility of fungus attacks is high as it does not dry the box enuff. One fren of mine suffered some bad attacks before realising that such methods dun work (at least not for Singapore)

Many thanks for the advise guys. Damn, I'm only free for shop by next week. I was wondering does it help if I put some silica gel inside my cambag?

a silly question: do I need to take the silica gel out of the transparent nylon box first?

seems like everyone saying its a must to buy one. gez i have to hurry and buy 1 soon.

is the $19.90 drybox a good drybox? plan to keep my S2 IS inside.

Salonpas said:
seems like everyone saying its a must to buy one. gez i have to hurry and buy 1 soon.

is the $19.90 drybox a good drybox? plan to keep my S2 IS inside.

Get a electrical one. Dun trust those which requires sillica gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.