Help, When do I need a dry box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silica Gel man... not Silicon Gel :bsmilie: .

Silicon gel.... hmmmmm.... :think: .

Regards,
Arto.

Unless one can religiously check on their silica gel and fried them whenever they turn pink, the prospect of fungus growth on the equipment is always there. It will be a case of "penny wise, pound foolish" if the lenses ended up with fungus growth and you need to pay a sum of money to clean them. The initial saving could wiped out or worse; you could pay the equivalent or more than the cost of a electric dry cabinet just to clean them.

Thanks for the reply guys....somemore newbie questions.Electric cabinet seems to have proper storage but will it consume lots of electricity? How does it function? What brand should I buy?:sweat:

Best Reagard
Wayne

PapaWayne said:
Thanks for the reply guys....somemore newbie questions.Electric cabinet seems to have proper storage but will it consume lots of electricity? How does it function? What brand should I buy?:sweat:

Best Reagard
Wayne

No, it doesn't consume a lot of electricity. Most of the brands are alright but the local brand Digi-cabi is affordable, very popular and reliable.

Bought one. No regrets. At least dont have to worry so much. Just finetune to about 40-50%, then leave it running. Consume very minute amount of electricity and saves lots of worrying. Whats there to consider. Go get it! haha.

PapaWayne said:

Best Reagard
Wayne

Well, let's just say.. my 80l box only consumes 5W (when it is running actively) so I think that isn't gonna be much compared to our computers which may draw up to 350W to 450W....

Jus bought my digicabi from carrefour today!

30L for 99
there are bigger ones for 169 and 200++ there.....

Finally got my self a 30L dry cabi ^^ Went down to Carefour this noon, but sold out. Must be zcwnfx have bought the last one. Went down to AP also sold out!!!! What a day man. At last found it somewhere in Funan Mall.$99 closed deal. Worry no more :D

Best Regard
Wayne

PapaWayne said:
Finally got my self a 30L dry cabi ^^ Went down to Carefour this noon, but sold out. Must be zcwnfx have bought the last one. Went down to AP also sold out!!!! What a day man. At last found it somewhere in Funan Mall.$99 closed deal. Worry no more :D

Best Regard
Wayne

saw a store just outside/near carefour selling the 30l for $97.

My room's air is so humid and the air circulation is so bad that fungus even grows on the upholstery and clothing especially during the rainy seasons... having said that, you might want to also keep your camera bags inside the dry cabinet too if you have place and place all of them in some part of your apartment that has good air circulation to begin with... fungus growing in/on your bag may later transfer onto your camera and lenses. I have no choice as I don't own the rest of the apartment I live in.

u mean u guys will on the electricity everyday?

wah ...ain't that a heavy comsumption of the electricity?

not sure abt the kWH though. i myself hvnt bought 1.

Jackals said:
wah ...ain't that a heavy comsumption of the electricity?
Humidity unit only need about 5w max (in my drycab, 40L). It is about the power of night lamp.

Regards,
Arto.

noob question here ... u take your cam out ...it is exposed to all kinds of moisture...

Does it mean that if you put it inside a dry box u can forget bout "cleaning" the equipment altogether ?

Status
Not open for further replies.