Help .... what happened to my Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Any Mac experts here who can tell me what happened to my Mac Mini..... when I turned on, it was normal ... till the Apple icon disappeared and the whole page went blank! .... ? Restart and it's going to be the same .... what happen? :cry:

try rebooting from the CD provided and go into recovery. also pray that it isnt the HDD.

try rebooting from the CD provided and go into recovery. also pray that it isnt the HDD.
Put in the Disk 1 and restart .... read ... and then turn blank blue page again .... :cry: Where can I bring for repair besides Apple AMK?

Hah! I just had my Mac Mini G4 repaired - motherboard failure. Had the same symptoms as you - blank screen on bootup, mouse/keyboard no response, status dialog saying "Reboot".

Motherboard cost $560 to replace. Hopefully this will last me another 9 months to 1 year and then I will upgrade to the Intel-based version of whatever the Mini transforms into next year.

I went to the iShop at Level 3 Cineleisure Orchard. Pretty quick turnaround time, sent in 26 Oct, diagnosed 28 Oct and called me to confirm repair at 9:30pm Saturday night, ready for collection 30 Oct.

iShop at Orchard Cineleisure is a better place to get your Mac repaired.

You may want to also consider getting Applecare if your Mac is still within the first year of purchase.

Holy grace .... $600 gone! .... :cry:

i kenna like you hard disk failure, pictures and $300 gone. apple intards really sucks sometimes, i read lots of ppl harddisk fail after 1 1/2 years on their powerbooks!

Put in the Disk 1 and restart .... read ... and then turn blank blue page again .... :cry: Where can I bring for repair besides Apple AMK?

when you restarted with the install dvd, you did hold down the 'C' key right? also try restarting while holding down the shift key.

was there any chime when you restarted?

is there any mouse cursor on the blank blue screen?

maybe try resetting the PRAM by restarting and holding down CMD-OPT-P-R. keep holding down the keys and let it restart 3 times. release the keys after the 3rd chime.

i kenna like you hard disk failure, pictures and $300 gone. apple intards really sucks sometimes, i read lots of ppl harddisk fail after 1 1/2 years on their powerbooks!

hdd no choice lah. will happen to any manufacturer.

but yeah sometimes apple quality does suck. there was a really faulty batch of ibooks. lots of logic boards had to be replaced.

when you restarted with the install dvd, you did hold down the 'C' key right? also try restarting while holding down the shift key.

was there any chime when you restarted?

is there any mouse cursor on the blank blue screen?

maybe try resetting the PRAM by restarting and holding down CMD-OPT-P-R. keep holding down the keys and let it restart 3 times. release the keys after the 3rd chime.

The mouse cursor is there on the blank blue screen ....

Never expect Mac to be so poorly built .... think it is only about 14 months old...

Thanks, mad one .....

Will try it out tonight .... but not much hope ...:angry:

doesnt sound like a hardware issue. did you recently update or install some software?
OK, Apple confirmed that the HD crashed! (only 14 months and not under warranty! and I thought Seagate gave a 5-yr warranty?...)
Though Apple's quality sucks but the service staff :thumbsup:

iShop? Good and bad... try Micro2000.

Sent my old ibook to Micro 2000 for warranty repair and they lost my battery. After a week of hassling them they finally admitted it was their fault and took another 2 weeks to get them to replace the battery. Service staff had a really bad attitude.

OK, Apple confirmed that the HD crashed! (only 14 months and not under warranty! and I thought Seagate gave a 5-yr warranty?...)
Though Apple's quality sucks but the service staff :thumbsup:

how come seagate problem become apple quality issue? that same drive would have caused problems in any system. anyway..if its hdd crash and they only need to reinstall os for you not not covered under warranty. if hdd really spoil, can rma to seagate and get it replaced.

Sent my old ibook to Micro 2000 for warranty repair and they lost my battery. After a week of hassling them they finally admitted it was their fault and took another 2 weeks to get them to replace the battery. Service staff had a really bad attitude.

i think ishop much much better

HDD failure is common among notebooks nowadays, especially with people doing more and more work with their portables, quality have not increase quantitatively, so its expected lar.

If you bring your notebook with you to take a bumpy bus/car ride, and use it during the journey 4 hours/day, 5 days/week, lol.

HDD failure is common among notebooks nowadays, especially with people doing more and more work with their portables, quality have not increase quantitatively, so its expected lar.

If you bring your notebook with you to take a bumpy bus/car ride, and use it during the journey 4 hours/day, 5 days/week, lol.

I run BT for 2 years straight.........now my HDD showing signs of age liao....

Status
Not open for further replies.