Help! Weird Vignetting with my Nikon!

big_lan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I was doing a studio shoot when suddenly, a couple of my shots had this weird vignetting effect.

i tried vertical and horizontally, and it was still there at the same area.
anyone knows the issue?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it resolved itself after a while, but was wondering whats causing it.
I am using a D90.

Either your shutter speed exceeded the x-sync limit or your strobes aren't in sync

reading from your exif, you are using 1/250s, theoretically is safe, but you are using studio strobe with a trigger, it is a commonly known issue such thing will happen, just lower to 1/125s you will be safe.

Is that your finger infront of the lens? Haha Just kidding.

Check your shutter mirror , it may be loose

Hi All,

thanks for all the tips. I checked the EXIF and indeed it was at 1/200. will go slower than that in future. thanks for all the responses!

and FlipFreak,

yeap you're spot on!
btw, i think your portrait shots are beautiful!

Hi All,

thanks for all the tips. I checked the EXIF and indeed it was at 1/200. will go slower than that in future. thanks for all the responses!

and FlipFreak,

yeap you're spot on!
btw, i think your portrait shots are beautiful!

so far jinbei strobes can't sync at anything more than 1/200 without having issues. u will have lesser issues in the studio than if u were to use it outdoors to minimise ambient.

ps. thanks for the compliment. :)

so far jinbei strobes can't sync at anything more than 1/200 without having issues. u will have lesser issues in the studio than if u were to use it outdoors to minimise ambient.

ps. thanks for the compliment. :)

I suspected it was Serious Play as well.

One of our shooters ran into the same problem when shutter speed hit 1/200 when using the Jinbei Pilots. To be safe we asked him to lower slightly, and the problem went away.