Help: Weekend in Bangkok

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Hi friends
I have to drop by Bangkok over a weekend, and I hope members can help me:

- a basic tourist class hotel to stay for two nights?
- places to shop?
- how do I get to the main shopping belt
- I heard Grohe is cheap in BKK, where can I go for this?
- I intend to get some nice knick knacks for my new home, get a spa and massage - clean ones, any ideas will be helpful.

Cheers

- places to shop?

You could go to JJ market, chinatown, night market, pratunam/platinum to buy a bargain items. If you look for the branded ones then you should go to shopping mall area such as Siam Square area.

How to go there:
- JJ Market: take BTS (skytrain) or MRT (metro/subway) and alight at Mochit or Kamphaeng Phet station respectively
- Patpong night market: take BTS or MRT and alight at Sala Daeng or Si Lom station respectively
- Soi Nana: take BTS and alight at Nana station
- Siam Paragon: take BTS and alight at Siam station
- MBK: take BTS and alight at National Stadium station
- Pratunam & Platinum: walking distance from Siam or Chit Lom station or if you keen take the canal boat you could alight at pratunam pier

=> You can try sukhumvit area... there is quite a number of boutique hotels with wifi access at affordable price range (I ever stayed one for $50+ sgd per night). Go try agoda.com or asiarooms.com to search for the hotels.

- I intend to get some nice knick knacks for my new home, get a spa and massage - clean ones, any ideas will be helpful.
=> Try JJ Market, you should be able to find the things you want there. Do draft out a list of items you need so you will not over shopped!

Hi friends
I have to drop by Bangkok over a weekend, and I hope members can help me:

- places to shop?
- I heard Grohe is cheap in BKK, where can I go for this?

Cheers

To add on..... branded can also go Gaysorn Plaza and Siam Paragon (they have a Krispy Kreme outlet there!) The street opposite Siam Paragon has rather nice and funky clothes. They cost more than JJ market but the quality is better. As for Pratunam, nothing much there now as most shops have shifted to Platinum. Be warned! better not go with your wife as you might end up staying there for hours. I was there for 6 hours once waiting for my friends to finish shopping. I forgot how much thai iced tea i drank while waiting. :( Central World has plenty of nice shopping too.

For knick knacks, you can also shop at JJ. A friend of mine bought Zen styled furniture there and they ship to Singapore. Oh yes, there's a shop in Siam Square that sells cool knick knacks. Think it's on the top level. I can't remember the name. Sorry!

For massage, i usually go to Silom. Those over there are clean types. Sorry i can't remember the name of the shops i went to as i always recognize the massage parlors by their decor and location. :)

Last edited: