Help wanted on the F80 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by scanner

Thanks, I'm aware of that. ;)
But what I'm concern is, whether F80S suffers the same fate!
I've just bought the F80S, hopefully it does not. :D

Man ! sorry for the typo, of course i will pray for it not to happen again :)

have been reading web review and forum (most form Nikonian's forum, www.nikonian.com), some user of F80, F80D did encounter the same problem, but so far have not hear from F80S user.

by the way, i bought the Black version, saw the way got 3 color:
black, silver chrome and champage gold. But in S'pore, only saw the black and the gold....but i choose the Black 'cos it look more 'pro' with the MB16 on....(though the owner is not PRO) :)

Originally posted by spider

Man ! sorry for the typo, of course i will pray for it not to happen again :)

have been reading web review and forum (most form Nikonian's forum, www.nikonian.com), some user of F80, F80D did encounter the same problem, but so far have not hear from F80S user.

by the way, i bought the Black version, saw the way got 3 color:
black, silver chrome and champage gold. But in S'pore, only saw the black and the gold....but i choose the Black 'cos it look more 'pro' with the MB16 on....(though the owner is not PRO) :)

I thought there are only two colour version: Black and champage/silver?

Hi,
The only function i missed is the mid-roll film leader-out feature. Do not understand why Nikon do not incorporate this into F80....

I heard that it can be done by asking Nikon to program the firmware to do it. Some say it is free and some say you need to pay the service charges, anyway for me it is ok. Cos I hardly do any mid roll rewind to change neg. Even if I did, I can use the flim leader extracter (provided I remember where I left it)

Originally posted by Kho King

I thought there are only two colour version: Black and champage/silver?

no sure if they selling the silver color , 2 years ago when i shop around, only matted black and champage gold (like the old F60), but on the web i saw the silver color (like Canon EOS50E)..

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

I heard that it can be done by asking Nikon to program the firmware to do it. Some say it is free and some say you need to pay the service charges, anyway for me it is ok. Cos I hardly do any mid roll rewind to change neg. Even if I did, I can use the flim leader extracter (provided I remember where I left it)

well...i heard of that too..but did not check with Nikon s'pore. may be next time. for me, sometimes, i mid-roll change film speed or film-slide...so it might be useful to me.

well...i heard of that too..but did not check with Nikon s'pore. may be next time. for me, sometimes, i mid-roll change film speed or film-slide...so it might be useful to me.

I heard that mid-roll change film speed / bw to color can be done but but never really try it b4. Cos no confident that I can wind back to the right spot!. BTW is there a easier way then pressing the shutter till the flim number is reached.

TT

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

I heard that mid-roll change film speed / bw to color can be done but but never really try it b4. Cos no confident that I can wind back to the right spot!. BTW is there a easier way then pressing the shutter till the flim number is reached.

TT

Hmm??? Funny, F80S do have mid-roll rewind, U guys mean the rest of F80 series doesn't have this capability? :dunno:

Originally posted by scanner

Hmm??? Funny, F80S do have mid-roll rewind, U guys mean the rest of F80 series doesn't have this capability? :dunno:

Every (almost every) camera will have a midroll rewind button. What they are disccussing here is that one can midroll rewind but still leave the leader of the film out.

Originally posted by Kho King

Every (almost every) camera will have a midroll rewind button. What they are disccussing here is that one can midroll rewind but still leave the leader of the film out.

OIC, misinterpret the msg... heeheehee :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.