HELP - - USB not recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.

haslansalam

Jan 28, 2009
Pasir Ris
I am frustrated. Even googling cant help. so decided to post this to see if anyone can help

1) I have 7 USB ports in my comp. 3 in use for mouse printer,,etc,,etc

2) recently, I have this problem, whenever I put in a usb, eg for my canon to transfer photos, or my external HD, I receive this alert msg 'USB not recognize'.. bla,bla,,,bla malfunction.

3) tried, unplugged all USB, remove all USB, powerpoint etc, etc.. still no use

anyone can help?

does this belong to this subforum?

you should provide more details if you want someone to help you, perhaps a screen shot of the error code, or your device manager, etc.

Is it a USB hub or on your computer itself?

If it is on computer, try go to Device Manager and see if the USB is shown as question mark or not.

try use the ports locate at the rear of your com.
those USB ports locate at the front panel may or may not work from time to time

Try an externally powered active USB hub.

I had this problem with my usb ports before. I was pretty frustrated after i could not find a solution for a long time even after googling. But..... i finally managed to solve it after i googled a web forum... just need to power off the the desktop and unplug the power cable from the wall socket or desktop, unplug all usb devices and wait for a few minutes before powering up the desktop to test. It worked for me ;)

try use the ports locate at the rear of your com.
those USB ports locate at the front panel may or may not work from time to time

Just ensure you're plugging in to the ones at the back that are connected directly to the motherboard, and not connected by wires to a hub-like thingy that is located at the PCI slots.

Its frustrating:confused:. I got this similar problem too with my external harddisk. Sometimes it reads and reads real slow. Then it stopped reading.

Then i got the same message-USB not recognised when i unplugged n re-plug using other ports. Still got the same mesage:eek:.

Finally, called up the agent (good thing the drive is still under warranty), sent it in and got a new or refurbished one a week later:D.

Mine was a 3 1/2 inch Seagate drive. But, boo hoo hoo;(, all my datas were gone:angry:.

Guess its safer to backup your datas in a few places.

sometimes it's the connection problem....try clean the usb tip and maybe u also can try not inserting the usb device too deep.

Finally, called up the agent (good thing the drive is still under warranty), sent it in and got a new or refurbished one a week later:D.
Mine was a 3 1/2 inch Seagate drive. But, boo hoo hoo;(, all my datas were gone:angry:

Got a few cases where it was a problem with the USB controller. Plugging the drive into another case solved the issue, all data still intact. Especially for 3.5 inch drives it's easy to take out the drive and put into a different case. Alternatively, there are direct adapters from PATA or SATA to USB.

Got a few cases where it was a problem with the USB controller. Plugging the drive into another case solved the issue, all data still intact. Especially for 3.5 inch drives it's easy to take out the drive and put into a different case. Alternatively, there are direct adapters from PATA or SATA to USB.

Too late dude :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.