Help: Underwater casing or Anything for 707

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violett

Jan 17, 2002
North
violett.clubsnap.org
Hi all, I really need Urgent help. I'm leaving for Redang this wednesday, But I have yet to find a underwater casing or waterproof bag for the 707.. (Besides the US$900+ casing)...

I remember someone posted something about ziploc bags for the camera or something like that.. I tried searching it in 'Planet Travellers' @ Marina Square but I can't find it :( ..

Anyone Who can help??

Thanks...
:)

I will not advise using a ziploc. It may hold out a while for snorkelling, but for diving, it is quite risky, you may end up flooding your camera.

What's a 707 anyway?

Sony DSC-707. I wonder what are you going to do with the 707... if you are not going to wade into the water, get pushed overboard with your camera, a normal ziploc bag with some dessicant inside (keep the sessicant in a tied up sock or something) to keep your camera when not in use should be fine. Try not to get spray on the camera. Wipe down at the end of the day and keep the camera in the bag with dessicant whenever not in use. A UV filter will be nice to prevent sand and water on the lens.

But if you are deciding to get wet... the US$900 (I thought there's a us$2000+ one? hee hee) casing appears to be the only choice. I don't think there's a waterproof bag is allows you to shoot out of it is available for 707 due to its shape. Well, at least not over the counter... You may be able to get it if you order, but it won't be in time for your trip...

No, What I heard was a camera bag.. something like a ziploc bag , it was once mentioned in the forum.. its not the ordinary ziploc bag for food.. ;P

Flare: I don't think I have time to make the order from the net.. Furthermore. its too expensive..

So you are going to get wet.... let me dig around.... there's a post somewhere....

Magix: It's a plastic bag with water tight seals and a glass/pastic port for you screw onto the lens like a filter and shoot through... not the food ziploc...

Originally posted by Flare
here's the thread:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2749&highlight=casing

there's some phone numbers and address in there supplied by our helpful forumers... Don't know if they'll fit the 707... How bout your Nikon 995?

Thanks a million... i did a search.. didn't managed to find the thread..

Thanks.. I will try to make a trip there...:)

Looks like your notice is quite short. Not sure which resort are you staying at. Have you tried asking them if they rent underwater camera or video? Some resorts have dive shops and these shops do rent out underwater camera and videocam. But then of course, you can't use your DC.

You can give this option a shot if you can't find any suitable housing and still want to take some underwater pictures. Else you can rent an underwater camera from one of the local dive shops and bring it up. You may like to consider a strobe too.

Buy an underwater Kodak disposable camera, they do take pretty good shots. It should cost around $20+ in singapore, over there it cost a leg!

hey i've got a F707 orginal lens hood for sale? interested? orginal $80.. 2mths old good cond.. petal type hood... selling for $40.. email me j_e_r76@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.