Help ... Transportation to Penang

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomz

Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
Hi there, I'm trying to find out what are the express coaches from SG or JB-Larkin direct to Penang but to no avail.

The other alternative I saw was to take a 5hr bus from JB-Larkin to KL and then in KL buy another tix from KL-Penang for another 5hrs ride. The first ride to Penang only starts ard 9am. I was planning to take a midnight coach starting from JB-Larkin but that would means I'll reach KL abt 6am with another 3 hrs to bua long long :(

Would appreciate if anybody could guide me in the correct way (if u noe please include details like timing, prices, departure/arrival pts).
Thanks in advance.

Don't think there is a direct bus from Sgp to Penang.

You may want to check out this website for more details - www.plusliner.com

Darren said:

Tks Darren, I've already checked it out but kinda put off by the schedules of the coaches.. :cry:

fastlane said:
You probably want to try contactingGunung Raya or Konsortium Bas Ekspres.

Want to consider Air Asia? It files from Senai-Penang now.

I've checked Air Asia out it cost abt RM266 for a return tix. Wanted to compare between coach for the price difference :D and then decide from there.
Although by air it takes a lot less time to get there.

Darren said:

HAVE larrr !!! :)
go to lavenda MRT station, there's an office there, Transtar, pretty good Bus and big comfy chair, at their pickup and dropoff point in Singapore is at Lavenda MRT station, so very convienent.

around 40$ sing (depends on seasion)
for a trip back to Penang, 10 hours

bus leave at 9:30pm, you'll reach in the morning 7am

cheers :)

rueyloon said:
go to lavenda MRT station, there's an office there, Transtar, pretty good Bus and big comfy chair, at their pickup and dropoff point in Singapore is at Lavenda MRT station, so very convienent.

cool ;) .. tks rueyloon

rueyloon said:

yup, I'm sure there's more than one bus company doing this. I went to Penang in June/July on a similar journey booked at the agency in Lavendar MRT. My friend said that was the cheapest he could find. Remember to wake up at about 5am when the bus crosses the Penang bridge, although, there's nothing much to see. ;p

Have u guys stayed at the Oriental Hotel in Penang b4?
I understand it's a 2 star hotel, I just need a place with attached bathroom, accessible and safe.
Any other recommendations in the ranges of 50RM to 100RM per rm per night?
Tks pals.

toomz said:
Have u guys stayed at the Oriental Hotel in Penang b4?
I understand it's a 2 star hotel, I just need a place with attached bathroom, accessible and safe.
Any other recommendations in the ranges of 50RM to 100RM per rm per night?
Tks pals.

nope. I stayed at City Bayview, very nice and comfortable. Had a good room which faced the sea, although it was too cloudy to see the sunrise but a view is better than a wall. The hotel was booked together with the coach, forgot how much in total but I think it probably cost me about $100 for coach and 2 nights stay w breakfast.(of course it's twin share which cut the hotel rate by half)

Ask what the travel agents have to offer when you book the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.