Help to ID a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Hi,
Can someone help me ID this car? Not sure what model this is.

dreamcar.jpg

thanks!

Hi,
Can someone help me ID this car? Not sure what model this is.

dreamcar.jpg

thanks!
Looks like an old vintage Morris Minor Series. Not too sure which one though. But it's from that series.

GMAN

It's not a Morris Minor, that looks like this:

Morris_Minor_1000_1958.jpg

Last edited:
That's a Trabant. An East German Car that was a cult classic, even though it's totally garbage.

That's a Trabant. An East German Car that was a cult classic, even though it's totally garbage.

Yeap... Agree that it's a Trabant... There are pple who collect Trabants because they are such "trash"... LoL Epitome of East German engineering...

Thanks!
My friend said it was her dream car.
Why do u all say it's garbage? Lousy engine?

Yeap... Agree that it's a Trabant... There are pple who collect Trabants because they are such "trash"... LoL Epitome of East German engineering...

That's not quite fair to say. There are plenty of good engineers in what was East Germany, but a lot of countries had poor auto manufacturers while under communist rule. The Zastava Yugo was another example of a perfectly good Fiat 127, not a great car anyway, that went really bad.

anyway, ask your friend to get a better dream leh..this kind of dream might as well don't dream..

Well, that's why I put "trash" under inverted commas... The same way the Diana and other cameras made under communist regimes are "trash" and yet gather a great following because of their uniqueness. The engineers did their jobs but the manufacturers fell far short.

anyway, ask your friend to get a better dream leh..this kind of dream might as well don't dream..

Read the wiki on how you refuel the car. I had a good laugh. The driver has to shake the fuel tank manually, mind you.

It's a 2 stroke engine. You need to mix the 2 stroke oil together with the regular petrol. Motorcycles in the past are 2 stroke engines.

i wouldn't mind a trabant.

why?, there's no need to ask why, this car is lousy! like SH*T:devil:

at the risk of sounding condescending, one man's meat is really another's poison. just because you reckon that it's a **** car, doesn't mean that the other bloke would think likewise. hence I wanted to know why you reckon it's a **** car.

have you got prior experience with the Trabant? seen one driving around and blowing plumes of smoke into your face before? do fill me in as to why you reckon it's such a crap car.

It's a 2 stroke engine. You need to mix the 2 stroke oil together with the regular petrol. Motorcycles in the past are 2 stroke engines.

i wouldn't mind a trabant.

Yes. Also, Saab cars had two stroke engines until the 99 model, as I recall, and they were winning rallies with them. :)

at the risk of sounding condescending, one man's meat is really another's poison. just because you reckon that it's a **** car, doesn't mean that the other bloke would think likewise. hence I wanted to know why you reckon it's a **** car.

have you got prior experience with the Trabant? seen one driving around and blowing plumes of smoke into your face before? do fill me in as to why you reckon it's such a crap car.

it's got no POWERRR!!!! how many bhp does it has?

Status
Not open for further replies.