Help... Tiny White Spot on Lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuekshirong

Jul 18, 2008
Hi,
I've got a little problem here....
I got my Nikon D40 for some time already and recently I realised that there is this tiny white spot on my lens! :cry:
I tried using a lens pen and even tried using a cloth to remove it but it just cant seem to go off....
what can I do to remove it?
Will it affect my photo... becuase its on my actual lens itself and not on a UV Filter covering the lens?
Please advice!
Please help meee!!!!!!
Thank you

Hi,
I got my Nikon D40 for some time already and recently I realised that there is this tiny white spot on my lens! :cry:
I tried using a lens pen and even tried using a cloth to remove it but it just cant seem to go off....
Will it affect my photo... becuase its on my actual lens itself and not on a UV Filter covering the lens?
Please advice!
Please help meee!!!!!!
Thank you

mind posting a picture of it here ?

Try taking some shots at f11 and above. Review the image and zoom in more to see whether the spot shows up. If it does not affect your image just ignore it or you can try using optic cleaning solutions and gently rub it off. Always use a uv filter to protect your front elements

Not sure how big that spot is, but a pin-head size one is unlikely to affect quality.

Doesn't hurt to shot and check the results for yourself.

Hi,
Please advice!
Please help meee!!!!!!
Thank you

If it doesn't appear in your pictures, don't bother.

Which part of the lens is it on? Front or back? If on or nearer the front, it's unlikely to affect your images at all.

Hi,
Please advice!
Please help meee!!!!!!
Thank you
use isopropyl alcohol from guardian, or lens cleaning fluid, add some to your microfibre cloth, and try wiping.

if not, plain water from the tap, don't rub too hard.

if still cannot, just suck thumb if it doesn't affect image quality. believe me, the more you try to solve a problem that isn't a problem, the more likely you are going to create new problems that are problems.

could it be a piece of dust that made it's way into the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.