HELP! There is something wierd with my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

2layers

Apr 20, 2005
Hi guys I just bought a lens and the blades inside do not make a symetrical shape. Can someone tell me what is going on? It does not seem to effect the quality from what I can tell but I am still worried. Should I send it back to the manufacturer? It is a sigma

Hi guys I just bought a lens and the blades inside do not make a symetrical shape. Can someone tell me what is going on? It does not seem to effect the quality from what I can tell but I am still worried. Should I send it back to the manufacturer? It is a sigma

SGM_0728.JPG

if you have not distorted, then 2 of the lens blade is defective. Under warranty, send it back.

if you have not distorted, then 2 of the lens blade is defective. Under warranty, send it back.
maybe this is f/2.756 lens stop down to f/8.265?

hahaha okie lame joke... sorry

send back!!! if bought recently can try to exchange a new copy with shop, else send back to sigma:)

In my experience, not all apeture blades will stop down to exactly the same degree, causing what you see. This is more noticeable in apetures that feature lesser blades.

Sometimes, it's a fault and can be rectified.

Other times, it's just lower quality materials/poorer workmanship that may be inherent in a whole production lot. I've seen it in top name brand lenses as well, mostly cheaper primes and zooms that use less blades, but like you mentioned, it does not affect picture quality in any noticeable degree, unless it's due to sticking, which could get worse.

just send it back for repair.....

:think: ...hmmmm....wonder why the pic turns out ok even when the blades are not "aligned"..

Sending it back today. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.